All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 13-09-2004, 03:44 AM
Philippines 04

Thumbs up 4MB mp3 to 800kb! Great for 6600!

Hi!

Just yesterday i was able to reduce to size of a 4mb, 5mb mp3 file to 774kb - 800kb++ without sacrificing the quality of the music on my 6600!

Note: the format is still .mp3. If you're thinking this is .ogg nope its not.

I havent test the music on other handsets but it sounds good on a 6600 using ULTRA MP3. The fact is that the sound even improves! For me just like i'm listening to a stereo.

I don't know if i'm just exagerated but just email me at ps0417@yahoo.com i'll send you the mp3 so that you'll judge it too.

Pls. feel free to post your comments here if you're one of the recepient. Thanks!

Old 13-09-2004, 04:32 AM
YuHLuN

Question Mp3

hey dude...may i know what software are you using to strink the mp3 without losing the quality?

Old 13-09-2004, 04:49 AM
its me

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuHLuN
hey dude...may i know what software are you using to strink the mp3 without losing the quality?
As of now, i would not mention the name of the software to avoid being commercialized, and beside i am not that sure if it does not loose the quality of the music that's why i am asking someone to evaluate it on their phone.

However, if you will listen the reproduced mp3 file on your media player or real player, the quality will be far away from the original.

That's why i am so amazed when i transferred it on my phone and it produced a nice sound like the original one with 5mb size.

email me and i'll send you the file.

Note: Please do not compare the sound quality to your regular dolby regular cd player. Yah know... mobile phone quality. Just compare it to the original MB size mp3 file that is being played over your phone.

Just like:

Original 5Mb mp3 file == compare to ==> 800kb EQUALLS -> SAME (if played in mobile)
Ads

Old 13-09-2004, 04:54 AM

Kamalayan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by its me
Just like:

Original 5Mb mp3 file == compare to ==> 800kb EQUALLS -> SAME (if played in mobile)
Question, whats the bit rate u used? Is that Audiograbber ur using? Below 48kbps on mine sucked so a little bit of compression might help me maximize space on a 128mb card. By the way im using dbpoweramp. Why not share your knowledge on this Kabayan?

Old 13-09-2004, 05:07 AM
ako to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamalayan
Question, whats the bit rate u used? Is that Audiograbber ur using? Below 48kbps on mine sucked so a little bit of compression might help me maximize space on a 128mb card. By the way im using dbpoweramp. Why not share your knowledge on this Kabayan?

I would love to, but what if the sound is not good according to others? I just want to give this software a fair treat. anyways, well according to what you have said, "Below 48kbps on mine sucked" what phone are you using then? and what do u mean by "sucked"? Is the voice is not heard enough? Or the sound is too shaky or static can be heard?

The bitrate of my reproduced mp3 is 32kbps with the highest level of frequency. Playing it on a 6600 phone has no difference at all compare to the original file.

Old 13-09-2004, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ako to!
I would love to, but what if the sound is not good according to others? I just want to give this software a fair treat. anyways, well according to what you have said, "Below 48kbps on mine sucked" what phone are you using then? and what do u mean by "sucked"? Is the voice is not heard enough? Or the sound is too shaky or static can be heard?

The bitrate of my reproduced mp3 is 32kbps with the highest level of frequency. Playing it on a 6600 phone has no difference at all compare to the original file.
Mine is a 3660 but i dont know if theres a difference in the output produced (MONO) so i dont think its a phone issue, Player wise i have UltraMp3 as well. Sucked meant low volume (lower than whats fair) and a bit like AM radio sound. Have you tried on different MP3 songs cause maybe the encoding of that cetain mp3 made it exemptional among others. Give this a shot first then again tell me if its still the same. Would really love a few extra space as I have quite a lot of mp3 a small space to squeeze em in. Cheers.

Old 13-09-2004, 05:31 AM
ako 2

Quote:
Mine is a 3660 but i dont know if theres a difference in the output produced (MONO) so i dont think its a phone issue, Player wise i have UltraMp3 as well. Sucked meant low volume (lower than whats fair) and a bit like AM radio sound. Have you tried on different MP3 songs cause maybe the encoding of that cetain mp3 made it exemptional among others. Give this a shot first then again tell me if its still the same. Would really love a few extra space as I have quite a lot of mp3 a small space to squeeze em in. Cheers.
I really wish that it has no phone issue here.. Nwei you said when you say "sucked" that means "a bit like AM radio sound". Hmmm... I haven't hear my mono - 6600 that sounds like a FM radio even if i play the original mp3 file. Which mean, even you play the ungenetically mp3 file (original file) you shall still hear the AM radio quality bcoz its mono.

I think this is subject to many understandings. Mine is that the one that I produced has no any difference with the original mp3 file 4 or 5 MB or so

Old 13-09-2004, 05:35 AM
Banned

The Party Boy is on a distinguished road
pare why don't you register

Old 13-09-2004, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ako 2
I really wish that it has no phone issue here.. Nwei you said when you say "sucked" that means "a bit like AM radio sound". Hmmm... I haven't hear my mono - 6600 that sounds like a FM radio even if i play the original mp3 file. Which mean, even you play the ungenetically mp3 file (original file) you shall still hear the AM radio quality bcoz its mono.

I think this is subject to many understandings. Mine is that the one that I produced has no any difference with the original mp3 file 4 or 5 MB or so
Ok please email me the file and for crying out loud tell the encoder/decoder u used and as the party boy said, register ka na rin (Register as well). Thats my username at yahoo.com. Gets?

Old 13-09-2004, 05:57 AM
aq 2!

Quote:
Ok please email me the file and for crying out loud tell the encoder/decoder u used and as the party boy said, register ka na rin (Register as well). Thats my username at yahoo.com. Gets?

Thanks party boy! actually i am a registered user here its just that tatamad ako mag log in.. hehehe

Ok, i'm on my way to 20 songs na by simply using my 32 mb mmc. laterzz.. i need to work

Old 13-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Penalty

Hmm.There's no real difference b/ween 128kbit mp3 and a 64kbit mp3 on nokia 6600.The speaker is mono so that you can`t estimate the difference.128kbit and64 kbit mp3 will sound differently on your pc,but equally on your nokia 6600

Last edited by Penalty; 13-09-2004 at 02:07 PM.

Old 13-09-2004, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penalty
Hmm.There's no real difference b/ween 128kbit mp3 and a 64kbit mp3 on nokia 6600.The speaker is mono so that you can estimate the difference.128kbit and64 kbit mp3 will sound differently on your pc,but equally on your nokia 6600
Actually I think he's going for a lower bit rate 32kbps. Thats why Im waiting for his email which disproves this present belief of ours.

Old 14-09-2004, 01:31 AM
aq 3

Quote:
Actually I think he's going for a lower bit rate 32kbps. Thats why Im waiting for his email which disproves this present belief of ours.

Kamalayan I don't know your email yet! Anyway, just last night I was able to reduce the 5.60MB mp3 file of Hoobastank's "The Reason" into 900KB. It sounds nothing but cool in my 6600! Again, no difference from the original file. The bit rate is 32kb and maximum frequency level.

I am trying to upload the mp3 file to geocities or freewebs right now so that everyone can download it. Stay tuned

Old 14-09-2004, 05:42 AM
Uploaded! aqq 2

At last! I uploaded it.

Please visit this link: http://www.geocities.com/wwwariseo/hoob.mdb

Note: A download window will open. Select SAVE and save the .mdb file. NOw, rename the extension to .mp3. That should work. Upload the .mp3 file to your phone. Don't judge it by simply listening using your media player or etc. Just judge the clarity of the sound using your mobile phone.

By the way, the song is "The promise" by hoobastank. Original file is 5.6MB turned into 900kb.

You may also want to visit my mobile website at www.arisbonifacio.tk. You'll see shots from my 6600. Meanwhile, pls. try uploading the mp3 file to ur phone. Let's see.

Old 14-09-2004, 07:13 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uploaded! aqq 2
At last! I uploaded it.

Please visit this link: http://www.geocities.com/wwwariseo/hoob.mdb

Note: A download window will open. Select SAVE and save the .mdb file. NOw, rename the extension to .mp3. That should work. Upload the .mp3 file to your phone. Don't judge it by simply listening using your media player or etc. Just judge the clarity of the sound using your mobile phone.

By the way, the song is "The promise" by hoobastank. Original file is 5.6MB turned into 900kb.

You may also want to visit my mobile website at www.arisbonifacio.tk. You'll see shots from my 6600. Meanwhile, pls. try uploading the mp3 file to ur phone. Let's see.
Got it and yes its clear but the volume is still like my normal mp3s, thats cause we cant expect anything more than 16000hz from our phones speakers. When I was using a 5510 the quality thats ok with me was 48kbps anything under that is crappy sounding, that was using Musicmatch jukebox as an encoder/decoder, Now Im using Dbpower amp i never went as low as 48kbps, something like a thin line between sanity and AM sounding mp3s, Now I ve tried 32kbps 16000hz, using dbpower amp and its pretty much the same as 48kbps, I guess i have to thank u for the efforts u did, which is really not exeptional just time consuming. Thanks pare. U can now login as ur real account name now.

I wonder what the other guys think.