All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-10-2011, 12:56 PM

mushroom_daddy is on a distinguished road
E6-00 vs E71: Software changes under Anna

Replacing my trusty and long serving E71 with a new E6-00 I’m trying to get to grips with the changes in software and Symbian Anna. I have a few queries relating to available software.

ActiveNotes
I used to make regular use of ActiveNotes on my E71, which was far superior to the basic Notes, good for jotting quick memos and allowed embedded hyperlinks etc. This option seems missing on the E6-00, is there something similar, or is it hiding somewhere in the Anna folder system?

ACM
I also used to use the Advanced Call Manager on the E71 to produce Black Lists for blocking unwanted callers. Again I haven’t found this one on my E6-00; is it there, or is there something else to use?

Converter
This is another one that I used a lot; converting currency, weights, measurements etc. Has this one also been dropped from the upgraded E6-00?

Mail for Exchange
I’m also trying to get to grips with ‘Mail for Exchange’.
  • It would appear that Emails sent from handset do not sync to the server, so I have no record (beyond MfE) of communications that I’ve sent; is that correct, or am I doing something wrong?
  • I don’t seem to be able to view any sub-folders within my (Exchange) Inbox, I have loads. Is there a way of doing this?
I had been using DataViz RoadSync on my E71, but this will not run on Anna, so (for now at least) I’m stuck with MfE. RoadSync had none of these issues.

Comments / advice from fellow users of the E6-00 and/or Symbian Anna are welcomed

Last edited by mushroom_daddy; 03-10-2011 at 01:13 PM.

Old 08-10-2011, 06:58 AM

jerryfreak is on a distinguished road
while the e6-00 has the same form factor, and some other significant upgrades (touchscreen, hi pixel density, camera, more memory) the e71 runs circles around it in speed and stability.

sometimes the e6 just slows to a crawl and takes 10 seconds or more to process user input. this can e really frustrating when youre driving and need to fire off a quick test or are relying on gps
Ads

Old 10-10-2011, 01:07 PM

mushroom_daddy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Mail for Exchange
I’m also trying to get to grips with ‘Mail for Exchange’.
It would appear that Emails sent from handset do not sync to the server, so I have no record (beyond MfE) of communications that I’ve sent; is that correct, or am I doing something wrong?
I don’t seem to be able to view any sub-folders within my (Exchange) Inbox, I have loads. Is there a way of doing this?
Sent Emails from MfE do now seem to sync with my server, so I'm not sure what I was doing wrong there. But I still don't know how (or if it's possible) to view Inbox sub-folders.

ACM is available on the Nokia/OVI store and from Melon software
Still looking for alternatives to ActiveNotes and Converter

Old 16-10-2011, 12:44 AM

jerryfreak is on a distinguished road
also sometimes takes a solid 5 minutes to boot and load the homescreens. cant seem to reproduce why