All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-09-2005, 04:11 PM

Lucs is on a distinguished road
MMS crashed after install Facestore

Hi guys, long time no see, well my last post I have a 3650.

Well now I have a 6600 and I've installed Face Wave (now FaceStore) trial version from the original site.

Facestore it's an app to send animated MMS with your voice. I did exactly what I should do: install sis file then reboot, then a new option appeared on Messages > Create Message > Facestore Message

When I open my messages and tried to create a new MMS with facestore nothing happened, and worst: after uninstalling it my MMS doesn't work anymore! I can't even change the settings, neither old MMS on my phone can be opened. I can't send or receive MMS.

I send a mail to Handango and they ask to contact Openbit support, and I'm waiting for the answer.

Other features on my phone works perfectly but I think they will ask me to format.
If i press the *#7370# command I will return to factory settings, so what about another stuffs on E? Like my MP3 and shortcuts for other programs installed on E? They will disappear and I must reinstall everything again?

I used the search tool to avoid make an double thread but I didn't see anybody with the same problem. Please help!!

Old 21-09-2005, 01:58 PM

Lucs is on a distinguished road
Ok, guys problem solved. My messages was set to save on E from the first time I take the phone, so I take off the MMC and turn on the telephone, this way the system automatically use mail folder from C as defalt. I put the MMC again and delete mail folder from E, then set the messages to be saved on MMC. All the folders from C are copyed into a new one on E.

Now I can open and send MMS again, it was a bad experience have an aplication on my phone being corrupted by a legal app and I won't recommend Facestore to my friends until the developers send me a mail with a solution to have this program running perfectly on my phone.
Ads