All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 28-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
DreamConnect : Now for S60 3rd Edition FP1 and FP2 as well

For those who are waiting for DreamConnect to be available for S60 3rd Edition note that the developer has just announced the availability of DreamConnect for S60 3rd Edition FP1 and FP2. Previously, it's only been available for UIQ 2, UIQ 3 and Series 60 5th Edition. There are some screens and info after the break.

Read on in the full article.

Old 28-10-2009, 10:20 AM

phil9500 is on a distinguished road
They MUST be kidding!!!!!!!!

A while ago i applied as a betatester. Mailed some company names as a reference but it wasn't good enough it seemed. I thought that this meant that Dreamconnect was a company that knows what it wants and has enough resources to permit itself to "choose" who can betatest and who can't. Today they finally released Dreamconnect and guess what??? It doesn't even recognize the keyboard of the e71! A so called "business" app isn't working on the so called "business" phone. WHAT A JOKE!

Old 28-10-2009, 05:37 PM

lithgow is on a distinguished road
The application was Certified Signed using the E71 as one of the main test machines. That basically guarantees that it works as advertised.

It also works on our own E71, as well as many other testers' E71s.

Might I humbly suggest that there is something else happening here? Perhaps the KeyMatch feature is on and it's using that? That gives unusual results on the E71, which is why it is turned off by default.

Old 28-10-2009, 05:59 PM

phil9500 is on a distinguished road
All i did was open the application and tried typing something (i used dreamconnect years ago on my Psions, thats why i immediately tried this version). Nothing more, nothing less. Only the numeric keys are recognized but typing a word as you do in contacts on an E71 isn't working. For example when i type '2' the app shows [2abc] wich would be correct on phones with a regular keyboard. Typing 'A' doesn't do anything. I didn't mess with its settings simply because there are none. When you fold out settings in the options menu there's only an 'about'.

BUT then i checked the menu again and indeed "keymaych" was set to ON. Turned it off and now it works correctly so big thanks for your help. Still 1 question left: Keymatch definitely was set to 'on' without doing anything. I can asure that. What has caused this? (since you say it set to off by default)

anyway, im glad i can finally test this app and start looking forward to Dreamlife.
Ads

Old 28-10-2009, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Cant find the FP2 device option. The little dropdown menu only has 5th Ed.

Old 29-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Unregistered

I'd like to try the demo but I've seen that a registration to their website is required...
Strange policy.
The app seems really well done from the screenshot but I don't like to give private information just to try an application...

Old 05-11-2009, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

Finally bothered to register and silly download script wont work. Meh, will have to try it another time.