All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-07-2007, 01:26 AM

OngL is on a distinguished road
Nokia E90 != Nokia Search 3.17

I installed Nokia Seach 3.17 as it was not included in the firmware, unfortunately, when launched it crashed the unit. This is reproduced after a couple of times.

It also leaves some 'garbage' in the system. During boot-up (White screen with Nokia logo), it takes longer to boot and has a beep sound. Uninstalling apps doesn't work and I need to do *#7370# to set factory default setting.

So beware...

Update: Installed some apps, when the apps instaler crash it produced similar error, but non persistant beep, just the first one.
Ads

Old 02-07-2007, 01:34 AM

OngL is on a distinguished road
Gripes on E90

Comparing the current E90 that I have from a prototype version, I can see there are some improvement e.g. mechanics in hinges, etc. I bought two E90s recently from retail market and I found the following issues:

1) The casing near the loudspeaker at the back cover is not perfectly fitted, you can press the surface and feel some movement of casing. This is annoying if you're typing using the loudspeaker and feel that the case move now and then on your right palm. I am sensitive, so may not be applicable to all.

2) When I put the E90 on a flat table, it did not rest on all four rubber points. The left top is hanging while the other three seems to touch the surface. So when rested on a surface, it is easy to slide the unit. It is also the same case when you open the cover, but now it left the right side hanging.

Anyone has the same issue?