All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 03-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Unregistered

asdf

i jumped from e51 to bb tour

the pros are messaging, whether it's IM or email
beginning to get solid UI because just upgraded to 5.0, but still, lagging. lagging compared to my e51. i can have push on my e51 and it renders html email better. only that it's not qwerty.
yahoo messenger: the yahoo msgr in bb rocks. it's just solid, full of feature. all i can say is it's behaving like in desktops. my e51 with fring just lame, it quits a lot.

but the cons are enormous. few to mention
browser. the browser just lame. I can set the font size but nothing happened. the browser did not resize the text block to the screen. It's just lame, and most of the time you would read 1mm text. it's just painful. anyone can help me please do so. also, it does not renders perfectly. i heard that the rendering engine in minimap browser is just the same as iphone safari's. it's just far far far better. the opera is doing no better.

Can anyone suggest me if I should buy e72? my priority is the ymsgr and browser. I love the minimap, but i hate the way nokia handles IM

Old 14-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

Thumbs down Contacts Key & Email selection

From the one touch key, you cannot long press to create a new contact, have to go into the contacts and then create a new contact - Such an obvious feature has been overlooked.

the new mail key from the messaging wont let you choose the account from which you send your mail. It is tied to the default account - wtf!

Geo tagging feature has been advertised but is missing in the fone !!@##$%$%1

Dont even get me started on the html viewing of emails - takes a lot longer than the e-71 & e-63 to retrieve the mail and

Bluetooth issues in 2010.

Many more irritations and bugs.

Agreed, that most of it can be addressed via firmware update, but why release a fone with a buggy firmware.Does nokia take its customers and fanbase for granted ?. Is it that nokia QC has gone down the drain hole or is it that nokia just wants to get the fone out before 2010 and then address the issues later, either way its a pretty bad fall.

All the goodwill earned from the e-71 and e-63 will be lost, if they dont pull up their socks.

Oh!, I had e-71, and e63 as well as the e-72.

Murali /India

Old 09-02-2010, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

Ha!

Whoever said this is GENUIS. And really stupid........

Significantly improved speeds in web browsing. Maybe due to improved HSPA downloads? Don't know, but difference is abysmal.

If you guys watch friends youll find this funny. He thinks abysmal is a good thing LOL.

My two cents.

Old 20-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Sound quality

On the contrary, the E72 DOES HAVE a dedicated sound chip onboard, ported over from XpressMusic devices. The sound quality through good earphones is amongst the best of any smartphones out there. However, the in-built mono speaker leaves a lot to be desired. It appears that some people are confusing the quality differences between the headphone output and speaker quality.

Old 08-03-2010, 11:01 PM
Unregistered

I owned E63 for 6 months on pay as you go. It seemed like a decent phone, ran Skype and email really well. WiFi/3G switching was seemless once the destinations and priorities were set up.

My contract phone was due for an upgrade one month ago. The E72 seemed ideal since it was like the E63 but BETTER (T-Mobile's words not mine).

In my bitter experience the E72 is an unreliable embarrassment. Shame on you Nokia.

I'll try to Ebay the E72 and revert to the E63.

Old 09-03-2010, 02:21 AM
Unregistered

lost e71 to e72 or another e72

I need a new phone as I have lost my trusty e71.

I am quite prepared to get an e72 if I can restore my OVI backups of my now gone e71 to the new e72. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS IS POSSIBLE?

Old 20-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Unregistered

E72 processor looks week

Hi everyone .
I read someone saying majority love touch screen. Well I believe majority hates touch screen . Touch screen sucks. I don't want to grind my fingers on plastic screen. It is such a stupid concept to be on phone . Touch screens are best suited in railway ticket checking computers. and speaking about E72 well I am not satisfied with 600 Mhz CPU, because I am using E63 which is quite fast out of box but when I loaded some 8 extra application it started to work like windows 7 on P1 processor. However even after firmware update and installing few quality application I dint got proper UI SPEED. So I believe in E72 also may behave slowly once I start adding applications. Nokia must keep that in mind. Or take me as your advising engineer. I will guide You people. And rather than adding stupid accelorometer please add thermometer and barometer it will be much more useful. E63 E72 design and quality is super. hayathms at gmail dot com.
And I feel S60 is dying slowly. Refresh it to compete with android and memo.
Thanking you
Hayath
Ads

Old 21-04-2010, 07:06 AM

sdafria is on a distinguished road
v. low speed

I have purchased a new E-72 in M.P. in March, 2010.
The CPU Clock speed of it according to a software is 192 Mhz. while the company claims 600 Mhz.
Can any body tell me why so much difference.

Old 22-04-2010, 07:47 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdafria View Post
I have purchased a new E-72 in M.P. in March, 2010.
The CPU Clock speed of it according to a software is 192 Mhz. while the company claims 600 Mhz.
Can any body tell me why so much difference.
Utilities are notoriously poor at measuring CPU speed - plus the actual speed at any one moment is actually dynamic, according to what the phone needs it to do. By letting the CPU 'idle' and then bringing it to full speed when action is needed, lots of battery power can be saved.

Old 13-07-2010, 05:49 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation Music file support

Hi Steve!

I see that PHP.files are not supported in this phone and can only play MP3 files, whereas other simple consumer phones support PHP.files, is there a specefic reason behind that? Or can it be ractified? or does PHP.file have other impacts on other applications??