All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 20-06-2007, 01:53 PM

6six6 is on a distinguished road
NOKIA N80 new firmware 5.0719.0.2

hello to all, theres a new firmware for the N80. 5.0.719.0.2

i have just up dated my firmware from the rubbish 4.0.707.0.7 to 5.0.719.0.2

the phone works great. i hope on stand by it stays on for 5-7 days like the old firmware, other than that the new firmware is great, and feels very stable.

Old 20-06-2007, 02:11 PM

6six6 is on a distinguished road
i cant see anything new, it must be the bug fixes

they have fixed, you can now check your credit again like before firmware, to see how much money you have , on p.a.y.g

v 5.0719.0.2
24-05-2007
rm-92
nokia n80 (01)

Last edited by 6six6; 20-06-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Ads

Old 20-06-2007, 04:42 PM

elaverick is on a distinguished road
I'm sure these updates take longer each time
Anyway, it's good to see that flash message support for things like balance checking is working again. I think the web browser has been updated also. I've just installed my server certificate via the normal browser rather than the Services version and it worked fine (went to the wrong one, but never mind )

They've not exposed the NAT and STUN settings for Internet Telephony as I'd hoped they might, but it looks very much like this is now a concious design choice on the part of Nokia... however if you've got an incompatable router it now fails much faster (which is actually kinda a good thing)

Old 20-06-2007, 04:56 PM

trendsbze is on a distinguished road
URGENT HELP
I recharged my phone before I started the update. Started the update and the entire 73.4mb was downloaded. Just when it started updating the phone went dead. Black screen.
A notice came up about PHONE RECOVERY. "Take out battery, replace battery and charger and press the power button for a few second"
None of this is working. The phone will not power on. I GUESS THIS IS THE END OF MY NEW NOKIA N80.
Can anyone help me get power back.

Old 20-06-2007, 06:01 PM

elaverick is on a distinguished road
There are a few ways around a dead phone flash, however the only one that's guarenteed is to take it to your local Nokia Service Centre. Any of the dead phone flashing techniques can invalidate your warranty. You can find your nearest Nokia Service Centre via this page (assuming you live in the UK, there are also alternative pages for non-UK residents).
The good news is that NSC repairs for this kind of problem are free, they will also be able to update your phone to the new firmware for you.

Old 20-06-2007, 06:12 PM

trendsbze is on a distinguished road
Thanks so much for the info. My luck, It just happens that I am in Central America and none of the service center existsm I will have to wait until September when I return to NY to try to get fixed.
Anyway, thanks a million

Old 20-06-2007, 06:25 PM

pczaomolina is on a distinguished road
Please, can anybody check if this new firmware enables N80 A2DP support?
I've heard that the new firmware for N73 does, so, I'll be very happy if this firmware add this support too.

Thanks.

Old 21-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Super Moderator

kontraband is on a distinguished road
more f/w!!

Im tired of updating... *moan moan grumble*

Old 21-06-2007, 08:09 AM

DSMKilla is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the FYI. I just downloaded and installed the new firmware without any problems.

Anyone know what the new changes were?

Old 21-06-2007, 09:14 AM

faquick is on a distinguished road
please help me...

as usual with any other upgrade I ended up having A LOT of "not installed" applications in my memory card

I *tried* the usual process of manually reinstalling them from the phone application manager BUT this time I am getting "Unable to install" for about half of them... and "Expired certificate" for the other half

what can I do?

At least, is there a simple method of removing those "dead" entries from the phone without breaking everything up?

Old 21-06-2007, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faquick View Post
please help me...

as usual with any other upgrade I ended up having A LOT of "not installed" applications in my memory card

I *tried* the usual process of manually reinstalling them from the phone application manager BUT this time I am getting "Unable to install" for about half of them... and "Expired certificate" for the other half

what can I do?

At least, is there a simple method of removing those "dead" entries from the phone without breaking everything up?
Try setting the date on your phone back to 2006. That's how I install all my programs that have expired certificates.

Old 21-06-2007, 11:42 AM

Nuvola is on a distinguished road
Quote:
please help me...

what can I do?

yep same problem after every update, here is what I did, try to install manually every not installed program and write down the file names (xx.sis) which could not be installed. Then plug phone with mass storage mode and delete those sis files found in memory card. Some of those not installed seems to be expired and some corrupted etc. I cant get it why the phone tries to install those every time phone is booted.

Old 21-06-2007, 01:22 PM

faquick is on a distinguished road
At the end, I decided to go through and reformat both phone and memory card. Now I am collecting again all the most useful programs, this way they will surely be more up-to-date than the old versions I still got

The only thing I forgot to do was manually saving my bookmarks to be able to restore them by hand... :( but I will find them somewhere on my PC :P

Old 21-06-2007, 02:19 PM

surfshag is on a distinguished road
Do you know what changes nokia have made with this firmware??

Surf

Old 21-06-2007, 08:39 PM

Quote:
At the end, I decided to go through and reformat both phone and memory card. Now I am collecting again all the most useful programs, this way they will surely be more up-to-date than the old versions I still got

The only thing I forgot to do was manually saving my bookmarks to be able to restore them by hand... :( but I will find them somewhere on my PC :P
How do you manually save them? I lost my bookmarks as well.