All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-12-2010, 11:34 AM

YippieYeah is on a distinguished road
E71 resets message centre number and so makes me pay for sms

hello, im in germany with eplus (base). im with them through a retailer mobilcom.

problem is, that eplus needs one specific number: +49177 061 00 00

but everytime i restart the phone it sets it back or creates a new profile with:

+49 177 060 23 00

Why is it so hard for the E71 to remember which profile I selected and keep those settings?

Im pissed, I have a message flat and now i have to pay for them since the wrong number was used.

Old 21-12-2010, 11:50 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
Is the phone a retail phone, or an operator customized model (which might have a setting that you can't control that forces the phone to use a specific SMSC number)?

If the SMSC is set on the SIM card, phones usually pick it up from there correctly, and normally operators save/set the SMSC number on the SIM so that no manual settings are needed (and nowadays also at least Nokia phones use the SIM card info to pick up the correct settings for MMS, WAP and Internet GPRS access automatically from the network, too).

But, as stated, an operator customized phone (firmware) might behave differently, because the operator who ordered and paid for the customization, has requested Nokia to make the phone behave differently than what it would do by default.
Ads

Old 21-12-2010, 11:56 AM

YippieYeah is on a distinguished road
this phone is from hong kong, no set operator. the problem also lies within my provider only accepting one number even though the number being used is theirs as well.

i had vodafone before and they didnt make a difference at least it was their number.

i hate it, feel like being ripped of from my new provider but also pissed at the phone not being able to set a diff number.