All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 21-10-2003, 07:08 PM

JOJA is on a distinguished road
N-gage vs GBA, same thang as X-box vs Ps2

yo

n-gage vs gba is just wat happened wit x-box vs ps2
People say the ps2 is shit better than da box, öö! 733 hz shit, vs 200.. somthin, 3 times better graff!, same thing wit n-gage and GBA. The people who say ps2 is bettrer, are da people who only own a ps2, or only have friends who own ps2's. they say that there arent as many games, the games arent that good.
Same thing wit n-gage and gba, but hello! gba and ps2 have been out for years! wat da hell do ya expect! 500 games to come out in the first day! i dont think sooo.
THE N-GAGE AND XBOX SHOULD GET MORE ATTENTION! MUCCHH MORE ATTENTION!

Old 21-10-2003, 09:30 PM

drager is on a distinguished road
i don`t know xbox very very much but i think the main problem here is the names of the companies that releases the products. sony is developing technology for entertainment products for many many years. and all we know nintendo they are the experienced ones in the market... but microsoft and nokia are other than these ones. these are building some other knd of products, and maybe or maybe no they are good at their class. they wanted to get a piece from a huge and growing market, gaming... n-gage and xbox are the producs of this. i am not saying both are bad devices and i hate tthem. i bought a n-gage and i like it. but people are not sure about these companies. when people say microsoft everybody thinks about the evil empire. nokia is the big brother of the cellular phone market. i think problem is this, the names... i think people are allergic to the names...

i have a game boy and a gameboy color. i still play them both... n-gage is another breath for the market. it is not only a handheld game device, it is not only a cellphone... it is a hybrid product, and thi is new for everyone. i think it is a thought of everyone who has a handheld gameing console and a cellular... i had them both and i always think that they could be in a same device. n-gage makes this possible... this device is like motorbike... it`s not a bicycle, but it`s not a car too. it has the properies of both... same thing for n-gage...

Old 22-10-2003, 10:54 AM

audiophile is on a distinguished road
yes yes y'all

Old 22-10-2003, 09:25 PM

MemphisX is on a distinguished road
Re: N-gage vs GBA, same thang as X-box vs Ps2

Quote:
Originally posted by JOJA
yo

n-gage vs gba is just wat happened wit x-box vs ps2
People say the ps2 is shit better than da box, öö! 733 hz shit, vs 200.. somthin, 3 times better graff!, same thing wit n-gage and GBA. The people who say ps2 is bettrer, are da people who only own a ps2, or only have friends who own ps2's. they say that there arent as many games, the games arent that good.
Same thing wit n-gage and gba, but hello! gba and ps2 have been out for years! wat da hell do ya expect! 500 games to come out in the first day! i dont think sooo.
THE N-GAGE AND XBOX SHOULD GET MORE ATTENTION! MUCCHH MORE ATTENTION!
If this whole thing was true then Nokia should had made some things correctly (tell me how easy it is to change a game or how tiring is it to play 3d games on it's small screen with the wrong aspect ratio?)
At least M$ the only wrong thing they've done was the big controllers (they released smaller ones,later).
Secondly the 733vs200 Mhz is incorect firstly because you compare a 32bit CISC Processor with a 128bit RISC compressor. The only reason the X-Box was far superior was the better and faster GPU based on the n-Vidia GeForce3.The price is not comparable with the GBA(at least X-Box had the same price if not less with the PS2 while offering more). Lastly and most importantly the games makes a gaming machine. Right now there are very few to none (especially considering that you may hardly find not only the games but even the N-Gage) so you cannot really thing N-Gage as a gaming machine yet, rather than a cheap smartphone, the very next step from 3xxx series. And by the time the variety of Games for the N-Gage will grow more The new Game Boy as well as the Sony PSP will show up...

Not everyone is meant to make a difference.
But for me the choice to live an ordinary life is no longer an option.

If there was no GOD it would be neccessary to invent him.
Ads

Old 23-10-2003, 07:37 AM
KrAzY3

I think the comparison holds a lot of water, if you break it down.

A: Miscrsoft and Nokia both are very wealthy companies trying to get a decent market share in the gaming market.

B: Both are in a field that is dominated by one particular product.

C: Both got lackluster reviews and had a lackluster launch.

D: Both have superior capacity compared to the products they are competing with.

F: Both have people saying that it was a big mistake and there was now way that MS, or Nokia should have done this.

I think in the long run both will grind it out just the same, fighting for every tiny bit of the market share they can get. I don't think the N-Gage is going away and easier than the Xbox did.

Old 23-10-2003, 01:33 PM

kjeld is on a distinguished road
Angry

you cant compare n gage and gba ok ps2 and x-box r both made 4 gaming gba is made 4 gaming but n-gage is more Phone than gaming device