All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 80

Old 11-08-2002, 10:23 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
New: Clock 6 from FreEPOC - full screen digital clock

The full screen digital clock for your desk. Clock 6 is a partial port of the excellent Clock 5 from FreEPOC. Sure to be another hit from FreEPOC - now you really can pretend your 400 92x0 is a clock!

From FreEPOC:
Clock6 came about in much the same way as Clock5 did. Something that the authors found that their new machine didn't have - a clock that would take up the full screen and meant that their 9210 wouldn't just sit on their desk doing nothing.

That and at night it was awkward trying to see the small clock onthe side of the screen, or focus on the phone display. The large clear digits mean you don't need to wke up too much in the middle of the night.

At the moment, Clock6 does not have the wealth of features that its older brother has. You can choose between a 12 or 24 hour clock, and set up a hot key that will bring up the time.

The authors are keen to have feedback on the software and what features you would like to see added.

Additional information and download from FreEPOC:
http://www.freepoc.org/clock6.htm

Old 11-08-2002, 10:29 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Ewan starts bouncing at another release. See I told you FreEPOC had stuff ready to go. As to feedback, Clock5 was just too big to port in one go, so Martin and I decided to let it evolve through user requests (and our judgement) in much the same way as Clock5 did. (BTW Clock6 is based on Clock5 v0.8 - it's now at 1.87!)

Feedback can be posted here as well, I read the Forums a bit as well as my email!
-- Twitter: @ewan

Old 12-08-2002, 12:37 PM

rossar is on a distinguished road
clock6

After downloading the zipped folder onto my computer i tried extracting the files and was greeted with the error message 'no files to extract',Any ideas?
p.s i've tried re-downloading it.

Old 12-08-2002, 01:19 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Ewan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to beholdEwan is a splendid one to behold
Ehrm, no idea wy to be honest, I've just tried this via Opera, and IE5 and the files are there. It could be the folder paths are troubling you. Try extracting, but ignoring the folder info.

I'll upload a zip with no path info shortly.

(Update Monday 12th Aug 14:20 BST)

New zip file uploaded with no path info stored in the zip file. Hope this helps!
Ads

Old 15-08-2002, 12:08 PM

Tomahawk is on a distinguished road
Ewan, my other half really likes it and will be installing on her 9210.

For me, the number construction is quite hard on my eyes for some reason - maybe 'cause I have astigmatism. If/when you consider an upgrade, it may be possible to include some optional alternative fonts / display styles? Perhaps one with solid figures? Or how about say red or blue figures on a black background?

I don't wish to seem ungrateful for another neat piece of freeware - please keep up the good work.

Tomahawk.

Old 15-08-2002, 03:28 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomahawk
Excellent. Can you gether to write to whole bundle of PDA Magazines and tell the world about us?:-)

Quote:
For me, the number construction is quite hard on my eyes for some reason - maybe 'cause I have astigmatism. If/when you consider an upgrade, it may be possible to include some optional alternative fonts / display styles? Perhaps one with solid figures? Or how about say red or blue figures on a black background?
Already planned. In fact this mornign on the Tube Clock6 v1.02 allowed me to change the colour of the components to Red, Green, Blue or Black. Expect an update a week on Monday for some obvious things.

Old 15-08-2002, 03:36 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Thought I'd point out you can see some of the features of Clock 5 here, might give people ideas:

http://www.pscience5.net/Programs/Clock5.htm

Old 15-08-2002, 04:15 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Thanks Rafe, hadn't thought of that. BNut if you look back on Clock5, it started in exactly the same way as Clock6 has. It will be interesting to see how Clock6 differs from Clock5 a couple of versions down the line.

Old 30-08-2002, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan-FreEPOC
Expect an update a week on Monday for some obvious things.
Ewan, I kow it's been a bank holiday and all, but how's the update coming along?

Old 30-08-2002, 01:42 PM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Blame the 28 day old baby? Looks like a week on Monday for an update now (that's the 9th Sept).

Old 30-08-2002, 01:54 PM

I've heard it said that the first 35 years are the worst, so you've only got 34.9 left to go!

No problem, we'll look forward to it when other priorities (like sleeping) permit.

Old 16-10-2002, 08:28 AM
Ye Olde Administratorium

Quote:
Partially fixed, with a choice of colours in the main LCD digits. Still working on changing the background, probving to be a little bit morei nteresting than I thought!

Old 22-02-2003, 08:01 PM

Re: New: Clock 6 from FreEPOC - full screen digital clock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe
The full screen digital clock for your desk. Clock 6 is a partial port of the excellent Clock 5 from FreEPOC. Sure to be another hit from FreEPOC - now you really can pretend your 400 92x0 is a clock!

From FreEPOC:
Clock6 came about in much the same way as Clock5 did. Something that the authors found that their new machine didn't have - a clock that would take up the full screen and meant that their 9210 wouldn't just sit on their desk doing nothing.

That and at night it was awkward trying to see the small clock onthe side of the screen, or focus on the phone display. The large clear digits mean you don't need to wke up too much in the middle of the night.

At the moment, Clock6 does not have the wealth of features that its older brother has. You can choose between a 12 or 24 hour clock, and set up a hot key that will bring up the time.

The authors are keen to have feedback on the software and what features you would like to see added.

Additional information and download from FreEPOC:
http://www.freepoc.org/clock6.htm
[code:1][/code:1]

Old 22-02-2003, 10:57 PM

TheSpecialBoy is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I don't wish to seem ungrateful for another neat piece of freeware - please keep up the good work.

Tomahawk.
Same problem here!!!!!!

What I want as an extra? I understood feedback is required.

Can you Turn it into a Wake Up clock like the old fashioned Radio Clocks with that anoying Beeeeb Biiiiiip? With a space bar press for 7 minutes snooze?

Damn it will be complete and the night clock will have a meaning....(I mean new meaning, don`t get me wrong