All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-04-2003, 04:24 PM

introlux is on a distinguished road
Important Questions - Answers Required! !!HOT!!

I have read through all the 3650 forum and still there are some unanswered questions.

Q1: What is the maximum MMC card compatible for the Nokia 3650, 128mb or 256mb??

Q2: What is the maximum seconds that you can record using the HIPCAM, i do not care about the file size limit. The duration time plz.

Q3: Where is the best web site to get the latest games and applications for the 3650?

Q4: How can you take all data off your old MMC and transfer it to your new MMC?

Q5: Will the 3650 ever have radio cababilities?

Q6: Will sonic ever be availabe for the 3650?

Q7: Can you assign an MP3 as a ringtone? If so how and with what software application?

Q8: How can you transfer via IR large amount of data as the phone memory cannot cope with the file size.

Q9: Will the 3650 ever have an 8 way navigation compatability like the 7650?

Q10: How can you send ringtones through the 3650 to another mobile?

Q11: I have heard the 3650 is mono and not stereo, is this true?? If true will it be possible in the future to switch from mono to stereo?

Q12: What is the best compressing tool?

Q13: Is it possible to move JAVA games in the APPS folder into the Games folder? If so, how?

Q14: Is it possible to make ringtones louder?

Answering these question will definetly prove helpful to me and others.

Thanks for your time to read this topic.

introlux :agrue:

Old 14-04-2003, 04:39 PM

fearce is on a distinguished road
wow long list

id like confirmed answers on those 2
As Standard!!

Old 14-04-2003, 04:49 PM

MemphisX is on a distinguished road
A1:256mb are not oficially out. So we can't confirm anything...))A2:That depends the max filesize you can get is 1MB. So if 100kb are about 10 sec then 1MB is 1:40. But it depends on how complex is the video. Eg a still video of 100kb can pass the 20secs with sound. But if the video is full of moving objects the 100kb may even be 7-9 sec.))A3: www.My-Symbian.com in my opinion))A4: Use an mmc drive on your computer and do the job))A5: I don't think so. I don't know the compatibily of Nokia's mp3/radio handsfree accessory with x650.))A6: We may see that coming for 3650. After all it is going to be released for the N-gage (future series 60 phone/game potable console by Nokia) and having in mind that the games for the N-Gage will be release in MMC cards there might be some combatibility with 3650...))A7: No you can't. Only wave,midi and amr files can be set as ringtones.))A8: Unfortunately you can't, a mmc drive for the pc will do the job))A9: No. And 7650 doesn;t have it either.))A10: Via MMS,e-mail, IrDA and Bluetooth. Most of them depends of the capabilities of the other phone.))A11: It is mono. Unfortunately we will no see anything like that coming. N-Gage will support stereo though...))A12: That depends on what you like. I like Space doubler but Stacker is also very good. Same compression for both.))A13: No you can't.))A14: If using wave ringtones, yes you can by editing them on a computer.)))
Ads

Old 14-04-2003, 04:50 PM

JyriK is on a distinguished road
Re: Important Questions - Answers Required! !!HOT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by introlux
Q1: What is the maximum MMC card compatible for the Nokia 3650, 128mb or 256mb??
No one knows. Have a friend that says he has seen 256MB MMC working on a 3650
Quote:
Q2: What is the maximum seconds that you can record using the HIPCAM, i do not care about the file size limit. The duration time plz.
It depends on the subject you are recording, more movement less duration... But I suppose if 10 sec = ~200kB then 1MB = 40sec. Do the math.
Quote:
Q3: Where is the best web site to get the latest games and applications for the 3650?
http://www.handango.com/
Quote:
Q4: How can you take all data off your old MMC and transfer it to your new MMC?
Get a card reader for PC.
Quote:
Q5: Will the 3650 ever have radio cababilities?
No.
Quote:
Q6: Will sonic ever be availabe for the 3650?
How the f** , should I know
Quote:
Q7: Can you assign an MP3 as a ringtone? If so how and with what software application?
No. Not yet anyways.
Quote:
Q8: How can you transfer via IR large amount of data as the phone memory cannot cope with the file size.
Use a app from www.epocware.com called File Manager.
Quote:
Q9: Will the 3650 ever have an 8 way navigation compatability like the 7650?
WTF?
Quote:
Q10: How can you send ringtones through the 3650 to another mobile?
No. (If you use ringtone studio from www.wildpalm.co.uk you can)
Quote:
Q11: I have heard the 3650 is mono and not stereo, is this true?? If true will it be possible in the future to switch from mono to stereo
Yes, its mono.
Quote:
Q12: What is the best compressing tool
Both are really good. You decide.
Quote:
Q13: Is it possible to move JAVA games in the APPS folder into the Games folder? If so, how
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....... not again this question. (are you sure you read this place through??)
Quote:
Q14: Is it possible to make ringtones louder?
Yes.

Old 14-04-2003, 04:51 PM

PhoneMan is on a distinguished road
Answers To Question

Wah.. So Many Questions Before buying. Wanna be a wise consumer?
Hehehe... I will see what I can Help

Q1 : 128
Q2: 10 sec(I think if I remember) or anything less than 100 k
Q3: if You are willing to pay.. there is alot.. just login google and type in symbian games. If you are looking for free one... u are doing exactly like what am I doing now.
Q4:Using Nokia 3650 suits. or using a mmc card reader
Q5: Not at the moment and I don't think it ever will
Q6 : Maybe.... but I don't think it will be fun .. coz the proccesing power is only 106 mhz.. that time, I think Sonic can hardly 'RUN'
Q7 : when U try to transfer an MP3 to ur phone, there is an option on ur PCsuites for 3650 to convert any Mp3 to WAV then u can make it a ringtone. but making MP3 as ringtone... never try before.
Q8 : I don't get ur question... why are u doing that if know the phone memory is not enough???
Q9: ask Nokia
Q10 : Good Question!!!! Tell me if someone else give u the answer
Q11: I don't think so.. coz nokia will have a new MP3 phone coming up...like nokia always say.. "Don't spoil my customer"
Q12 : I dunno
Q13 : Nope...
Q14 : Yes, try a program call ringtone studio.. I can help u to adjust ur ringtone volume. (our normal ringtone is set to 100 % ... U can set it to 200 % using that app)

Thanks all I know.. Hope I really gave some help...