All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 23-01-2010, 07:23 PM

doorby35 is on a distinguished road
satio internet problems

just been given my brothers satio he cant understand it,my problem is that i have an orange pay as tou go sim card which i have put in and every thing works fine can make and receive calls perfect ,but when i try to get on the internet through my wap service it says packet data and wont let me go on the 3g icon is on ,do i need to get another sim card or have i just got something switched off.i can get the internet through my wifi signal from my router but then you have to be in the same room as the router .hope someone can help.

Old 23-01-2010, 08:50 PM

craigyb is on a distinguished road
I had this issue when I bought a Satio, the shop put an 02 SIM in the phone and I was a vodafone customer. I put my Voda SIM in and I could not use the internet.

So I reinstalled the operating system using the software updater, installed my Voda SIM and set everything up again. All worked fine for me from then on.

Old 24-01-2010, 12:58 AM

doorby35 is on a distinguished road
dont understand

how do i reinstall the operating system using the software updater is it in settings,
Ads

Old 24-01-2010, 07:14 PM

Use your PC, supplied cable and the SE Software update appliation, it will check for new releases of software and allow you to update the phone over the internet.

Old 24-01-2010, 11:35 PM

Biggles is on a distinguished road
Don't reinstall the software!

Just delete the access points (Settings > Connectivity) and then send yourself settings from the Orange website. You'll get a text, save it, Bob should be your uncle!

Old 25-01-2010, 04:33 PM

I tried deleting all the access points several times, still the internet connection would not work. Also when I got the Satio there were no over the air updates for Vodaphone internet/WAP/MMS, you had to do them manually.

The reloading of the software fixed the connection issues after I had reconfigured them manually.

Old 20-04-2011, 09:57 AM

joshification4 is on a distinguished road
Wink I figurred it out for myself

I had this, the phone was on Orange then unlocked, and now im using talktalk.
I went to Menu >> Settings >> Connectivity >> Destinations >> Internet >> then there should be an option of whatever network the phone was originally on, in my case, it said "orange internet", click on that and delete it >> then go back and press "access point; add new". "Automatically check for available acess points" click yes >> it should find your network and when it does name the network "network3" or "tmobileplus" or "virginphone" or "orange internet" or "02services" or "vodasim", or whatever provider you use. >> then Bobs your uncle!

Hope this has helped.

Old 15-12-2012, 06:19 AM
Banned

SDK is on a distinguished road
Very thank you for your information, look forward to your update again ah