All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 29-09-2009, 03:33 PM

Keraste is on a distinguished road
Question Phone goes into "SOS-mode" randomly

Hey guys, hope you're all doing great. I was wondering if you could help me with this slightly annoying problem.

I'm using a Samsung L870. Also, English isn't my first language, and my phone language isn't English, so if my post is confusing or if I translate some things incorrectly - sorry. Let me know and I'll try to explain it further

See, my phone is fantastic apart from one thing... it randomly goes into what I like to call "SOS-mode".

The left and right standby screen shortcuts change. The left one disappears completely, and the right one changes to "SOS". When I press "SOS" (the right button), it brings me into the menu.
When I press the invisible shortcut (left button), I go into "Contacts", which is the shortcut I use for that button. So basically they work like normal, but for some reason the text changes (and one of them disappears).

My profile is General, and I haven't made any profile changes or changed any profile settings.
I can call and text like normal. I would assume that in emergency mode, you'd only be able to make... well, emergency phone calls. The coverage (is that what it's called? The reception?) is full... and like I said, I use the phone as normal. Call, text, go online.
I have done a hard reset, but the problem re-appears.
I'm not quite sure what triggers it; I just randomly notice that it has changed (which funnily enough makes me anxious... you never know when it's gonna happen Kind of like Chinese phone torture [instead of water torture] )
Re-starting the phone fixes the problem, but it's quite annoying, especially for a perfectionist like me. Plus the fact that I don't know if it's changing anything else on the phone besides the shortcuts.

Does anyone know what causes this? Do you have any advice on what I should do to stop it from happening?

Thanks in advance and take care

Old 25-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Banned

SDK is on a distinguished road
Very thank you for your message, I think HTC mobile phone is very good a cell phone not only because it is a series of intelligent mobile phone, HTC series in the market very popular I am also in the use of HTC mobile phone

Last edited by SDK; 14-12-2012 at 07:46 AM.
Ads