All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-08-2012, 02:40 PM

tulloch is on a distinguished road
808 Battery Drain

If I disable Wi-Fi power saving a fully charged battery is almost drained in less than 8 hours and this is with the phone just sitting on standby, no calls, texts, browsing. No user activity. Enable it and the battery meter is still showing full after a working day.

Does anyone know if this is to be expected from this device? My N8 had no obvious battery drain.

Old 16-08-2012, 08:11 PM

codekiller is on a distinguished road
808 Battery drain also

I'm definitely having a similar issue. I'd recently switched off the Wifi power saving after reading about that as an option for wifi dropping out from time to time. Within the last few days with regular usage, the 808 battery is going from 100% to completely dead within about 8 hours or less with varying use.

Once when it happened, I found that the camera had been activated while the phone was in my pocket and it had snapped a few black pictures. So I figured the camera constantly trying to focus had killed the battery. But last night I pulled it off the charger at 100%, put it down for the night and it died over night (before my 6:55am alarm was set to go off).

I just re-enabled wifi power saving and I'd already removed Situations (beta app). When checking the battery monitor, it looks like background processes are using the majority of the battery, with Sleeping screen and something called aknspasrv at the top of the list.

I was using Situations to manage my wifi, bluetooth, and tone profiles so after removing it, I'm manually disabling BT and wifi as needed. I'm not sure what else the culprit could be and I'm happy to do more tinkering to get this resolved.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Scr000006.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	5065  

Old 17-08-2012, 02:39 PM

Thanks for the input.

I've got Situations installed but disabled for the moment as it was a suspect. I've got Wi-Fi power saving enabled again and the first day at the end of the day there was no visual difference in the battery level meter, still read full. To-day though I have seen it drain though not as much as when power saving is disabled.

I really want to establish if this unit is faulty while it is still within the 30 day return period. I'll install battery monitor and see what that tells me.

It would be great to hear from other 808 owners re the battery life.

Old 19-08-2012, 08:50 AM

alfa_man is on a distinguished road
Yes! At last, someone else with the same problem as me.

Mine was fully charged at 7am this morning and now, according to Nokia Battery Monitor, is 33% down, 19% due to "Background Processes", number one in that list is AKNSPASRV.

I've disabled all my live widgets, or interactive services, removed all but 2 homescreens, got black themes everywhere, used dual mode network and enabled wi-fi power saving.

Still, even on idle, the battery can drain in under 12 hours.

There are lots of questions on the net about what "AKNSPASRV" is, but no answers!

I think there must be a conspiracy...

Old 19-08-2012, 09:17 AM

I don't think my device is faulty now. From fully charged at around 1 o'clock yesterday it's now at 67% charge and it was left on all night. Did some browsing, a few texts and a couple of calls yesterday.

Looks like, in my case, disabling wi-fi power saving caused the problem. Just wondering now if is should discharge so fast with power saving disabled. Is this expected behaviour?

Old 21-08-2012, 09:41 PM

alfa_man is on a distinguished road
To update this;

I took my 808 to a Nokia Care Point today and they checked the battery to find it only charges to 60% capacity.

Strange that a new battery in a new phone should be so compromised, but it would explain my problems.

He reckons he can get a replacement, but I'm not convinced.

He had never seen an 808 before and was blown away by the camera, but even he didn't know what the mysterious AKNSPASRV background process is.

Old 22-08-2012, 06:10 AM

hackdrag is on a distinguished road
Im getting around 2 Days Battery Life

Im getting average 2 Days Battery Life
I got peak battery life of 3 days in power saving mode.

I use App Stop and Ram Blow for killing the background apps

Old 29-08-2012, 05:31 PM

codekiller is on a distinguished road
Re-enabled wifi power saving

I re-enabled wifi power saving and the battery life issues have declined sharply but I still don't see the battery lasting more than 24 hours. I keep wifi on and the 808 is on wifi most of the day while I'm at work but I wouldn't assume that would discharge the battery within 24 hours with minimal use otherwise.

I still see the AKNSPASRV near the top of the list when looking at the stats in battery monitor.

Unfortunately, I am in the States and we don't have Nokia Care centers where I can stop off for a battery capacity test. Nor have I been able to locate a place to buy another battery - as a backup or replacement.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:38 AM

drjamit is on a distinguished road
Stop weather widget

I have stopped weather widget with FE Explorer and now getting battery backup of 3 plus days.
Ads

Old 08-03-2013, 02:45 AM
Banned

RTGDJF is on a distinguished road
There are a lot of users are often in charge when the phone open, actually such life will be very easy to hurt my cell phone, because in the process of charging, the phone's circuit board will be fever, at this point if there is a foreign phone, may produce instant return current, for mobile phone damage to internal parts.

Old 08-03-2013, 01:08 PM

apvkt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulloch View Post
If I disable Wi-Fi power saving a fully charged battery is almost drained in less than 8 hours and this is with the phone just sitting on standby, no calls, texts, browsing. No user activity. Enable it and the battery meter is still showing full after a working day.

Does anyone know if this is to be expected from this device? My N8 had no obvious battery drain.
Hi,

I am not having an idea regarding that but if you take your device to the nearest dealer they would help you to recover from this problem...

Old 08-03-2013, 08:34 PM

mazor is on a distinguished road
I too had this issue. The problem is the nokia 808 and using 3g or 3.5g uses alot n energy to transfer even for small packets from background internet apps. The solution is either disable mobile data when not needed or, switch to 2g when you do not need 3g speeds. I find having whatsapp, and exchange continuous polling can cause continous data polling.

It is annoying as the iphone can happily sit with 3g on and internet notifications on for a good 3 days use!