All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-07-2012, 12:15 AM

dion is on a distinguished road
Pureview 808 won't start

Been really enjoying being back in Symbian land after my N900 for the last couple of years. 808 has been a joy to use until ....

Yesterday I was running the Drive app in the car and the phone shutdown, my guess was the battery had run out so I tried plugging in various chargers, no startup, no flashing menu button.

Got home tried pulling battery for a while, then charging got a few flashes on the menu button but then nothing. After many repeats the flashing has happened 3 times so far but not after every pull battery / charge cycle.

Figure I might need a reset, have tried holding power button but that hasn't done anything, no vibrations, no screen or led on.

Any suggestions ?

Is there a deeper reset with multiple buttons ?

Next option is Nokia Care in Melbourne, hopefully they have some ideas because they are of course not sold in Australia!

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
Dion

Old 10-07-2012, 02:41 AM

Unhappy NokiaCare Melbourne Closed!

Went in to town and sign on the door says closed on June 8!

Looks like I really need reset button combinations ... Any suggestions?

Old 10-07-2012, 10:21 AM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer I have not tried this ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dion View Post
Went in to town and sign on the door says closed on June 8!

Looks like I really need reset button combinations ... Any suggestions?
1. Power your Nokia 808 PureView off.
→ If your device becomes unresponsive, press and hold the power key
for 10 seconds. Then power on normally. If necessary, remove and
reinsert your battery to reboot. It won’t affect your data.

2. Press and hold the Volume Down and Camera keys simultaneously, and
then press and hold the Power key until the Nokia logo screen goes black.

3. Release the Power key but continue to hold down the Volume Down and
Camera keys until the phone reboots.

Please let us know if it helps .. useful to know.. No! I don't want to reset mine to test it!

Old 10-07-2012, 12:16 PM

Gave this ago. .. No sign of life

Thanks for the suggestions seki.

The phone is actually dead / off already, so I started With the volume down / camera pair, held them and pressed power, let go of it and held camera and volume down. Have tried multiple times, with multiple lengths of presses at each stage. Still nothing.

Nokia Singapore says send it back with a lot of commentary about phones having to be fixed, etc in the correct region. And a whole lot of complication in getting it fixed ...

Any other crazy reset suggestions ? Otherwise, I guess I'm stuck with shipping it back. What a mess...

Old 12-07-2012, 01:24 PM

Thanks for the RT's and suggestions on Twitter

Still no luck. Have two new suggestions that I'll need to work on to try :

1) Try new battery.
Will have to find one in Melbourne?? Could always pry open my brothers N8 ;-)

2) Connect up to Nokia SUite and hold power for 30 sec.
I'm on a Mac and so is the rest of the house. I did try plugging in to my mac and nothing showed up even in Growl Hardware monitoring. Did get the Menu LED flashing again, like it was charging for probably 15 - 20 flashes. Will try to find a friendly PC to get Nokia Suite on ...

Keep those ideas coming. I really don't want to have to send it back to Singapore ...

Old 13-07-2012, 02:42 PM

bugelrex is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Still no luck. Have two new suggestions that I'll need to work on to try :

1) Try new battery.
Will have to find one in Melbourne?? Could always pry open my brothers N8 ;-)

2) Connect up to Nokia SUite and hold power for 30 sec.
I'm on a Mac and so is the rest of the house. I did try plugging in to my mac and nothing showed up even in Growl Hardware monitoring. Did get the Menu LED flashing again, like it was charging for probably 15 - 20 flashes. Will try to find a friendly PC to get Nokia Suite on ...

Keep those ideas coming. I really don't want to have to send it back to Singapore ...

I had a similar issue, mine went to nokia logo and then dots. I tried to do a delete hardreset and it woudn;t boot up after that..

Only the 4 finger salute worked for me (3 did not)
vol down + camera + power + greencall button
or (dont rember which)
vol down + camera + power + center button

it went to Nokia logo, dots and then booted up

Old 13-07-2012, 10:49 PM

Thanks Bugelrex ... Gave it a good try no Joy, might have answer though!

No response to either combo of 4 finger salute.

Started to wonder about battery, so I dug out my multimeter and checked the voltage on it - zero! Just to be sure I checked my N900's battery and it read 4.2 volts. I've checked all the chargers I tried with my N900 and they all charge it so I don't think it's a charger issue.

I've just sent a reply back to Nokiacare in Australia to see if they can test / swap battery BV-4D. I thought it was the same as the N8 but after checking I don't think it is. I'll see what they have to say ....

I've found a "replacement" battery on EBay which might have to be my next option!

Old 13-07-2012, 11:48 PM

bugelrex is on a distinguished road
if u have an n95, the battery fits in the 808 if u keep your hand on it. I just tried it and it will boot the phone all the way..

i have an n900, but the battery is flat (usb plus broken)

Quote:
No response to either combo of 4 finger salute.

Started to wonder about battery, so I dug out my multimeter and checked the voltage on it - zero! Just to be sure I checked my N900's battery and it read 4.2 volts. I've checked all the chargers I tried with my N900 and they all charge it so I don't think it's a charger issue.

I've just sent a reply back to Nokiacare in Australia to see if they can test / swap battery BV-4D. I thought it was the same as the N8 but after checking I don't think it is. I'll see what they have to say ....

I've found a "replacement" battery on EBay which might have to be my next option!

Last edited by bugelrex; 14-07-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Old 14-07-2012, 04:57 AM

Thanks again, bugelrex ... N95 battery on charge

Picked my phone history perfectly! I'll give it a good charge and then try it out. Found a BV-4D battery at rounded.com so I figured I'd order it and have a spare if Nokia comes through.

Old 20-08-2012, 06:48 AM

Time for an update ....

After trying out different batteries including the new one from Rounded.com, still no luck so I sent the phone back to Singapore via a friend. He has picked it up last week, details are vague but at least the battery and possibly the phone has been replaced. Will see aht I can work out when it gets home ....

Still can not understand the difficulty in getting service. Nokia is a worldwide company that just doesn't get it. I suppose it's from too many years of living under the thumb of telcos.

Old 03-12-2012, 11:26 AM

alicia45 is on a distinguished road
Very nice info.. Thanks for this info...

Old 03-12-2012, 09:30 PM

soham is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Been really enjoying being back in Symbian land after my N900 for the last couple of years. 808 has been a joy to use until ....

Yesterday I was running the Drive app in the car and the phone shutdown, my guess was the battery had run out so I tried plugging in various chargers, no startup, no flashing menu button.

Got home tried pulling battery for a while, then charging got a few flashes on the menu button but then nothing. After many repeats the flashing has happened 3 times so far but not after every pull battery / charge cycle.

Figure I might need a reset, have tried holding power button but that hasn't done anything, no vibrations, no screen or led on.

Any suggestions ?

Is there a deeper reset with multiple buttons ?

Next option is Nokia Care in Melbourne, hopefully they have some ideas because they are of course not sold in Australia!

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
Dion
not sure about the reset but i think formatting the phone once will be better for the phone.

The SUPER HUGE Paychecks In Empower Network Is Simply "Bad Ass"!!!
Click This Photo Link To Watch The Video

Old 05-12-2012, 01:24 AM

Issue resolved ... Wel sort of!

Sorry, should have posted an update to this long ago.

After sending the phone off to Singapore it was replaced with a new one after about a week. After resetting it up everything has been working great ever since. The only real difference is the battery is more similar to the one I purchased on line from europe then the one that came in the phone. Not sure if the original was a counterfeit one fitted in Singapore or just some variation in labelling.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:44 AM
Banned

SDK is on a distinguished road
Very thank you for your message, I want to I can have a lot of help are looking forward to your update again
Ads

Old 25-12-2012, 05:53 AM
Banned

SDK is on a distinguished road
Very thank you for your message, I think samsung mobile phone shell or very good has distinguishing feature very much, and can better prevent fingerprints and dust effect is a very good accessories

http://www.galaxynote2caseshop.com/c...te-2-28716.htm

Last edited by SDK; 11-01-2013 at 03:44 AM.