All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-06-2012, 04:27 PM

nmprofessional is on a distinguished road
Help, looking at Nokia E6 to replace Samsung S II

Hi Everyone,

Years ago after my E71 started "acting up" with some issues with connecting to email servers, I jumped ship to iOS and Android. I lasted 6-months in the iOS-universe and then jumped to Android where I have been for a few years now. I have been "happy" with the Samsung S II until the latest update killed my radio-reception and I have to wait for new update to fix it... ack!

Anyway... I am looking at a Nokia E6. All I need is... to read and respond to email every four hours or so, make 30 minutes in phone calls/day, play a few good games 15-20 minutes every few days to pass the time when bored parked in the car, listen to a few podcasts per day up to 1-hour, AND the biggie... I want the phone to last for at least a few days (2 days minimum) when I turn off data connection.

Is the Nokia E6 that only phone that can do the above. I really need the phone to last 2-days with data turned off.

Right now I go to bed fully charged and my S II is at 80%-75% of charge 6 hours later!

I'm up for suggestions?

Dave

Last edited by nmprofessional; 03-06-2012 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Changed title
Ads

Old 03-07-2012, 11:33 AM

Slion is on a distinguished road
Considering falling back to E6 as well and hoping the battery holds for at least a couple of days on average use. Is there some E6 user around?

E6 is actually using the same battery as your older E71.

Old 08-08-2012, 01:14 PM

brdl04 is on a distinguished road
I have used the E72, N8, E6 and Android alike.

In my experience the E6 will do all this for you. The battery will not last as long as the E72 but will last longer than Android. There are few games available on the E6 due to the exclusive screen resolution, but Angry Birds is there.