All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-06-2012, 03:04 AM

Daikataro is on a distinguished road
Nokia 5228 SIM/battery issues

Greetings everyone, i happen to have in my hands a nokia 5228 RM-625 that shows the following problems:
-Randomly asks for insertion of a SIM card, even when the card is there and has been recognized
-Randomly shows the message "phone will be restarted"
-Randomly whites out, and then shows nothing but a bunch of horizontal and vertical multi-coloured lines over a black background
-Randomly displays "low battery" warning, even with a full charge, then refuses to charge the battery when plugged to the charger and shows a "not charging" warning

I have already ruled out the following:
-Soft/hard resets didn't work
-Refurbished/reset software with phoenix no less than 10 times, also resurrected from bricked state twice
-Tried skipping the restoration of old phone information/settings saved with nokia PC suite, didn't solve the problem
-Tried phone without a memory card in case a corrupt file was the issue, didn't solve the problem
-Phone had been running fine for a month and hasn't suffered any fall/water damage (on a side note, my 5800 has fallen to the ground several times without showing any signs of failing)

So my last theory is a corrupt SIM card, and thus i tried swapping the card into my 5800 and my own card into the 5228 (which i don't own, only fixing). Anyone has had a similar issue? How did you solve it? Is there a step or possible solution i haven't tried? Feedback will be greatly appreciated, thanks
Ads