All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 02-04-2012, 04:15 PM

shadamehr is on a distinguished road
Angry Help! N8 - How to PREVENT Facebook Contact Photo Syncing

As per the title...

Can somebody please tell me how to PREVENT my Belle N8 from AUTOMATICALLY changing all my Contact's Photos to their Facebook Image.

For background, I use two or even three handsets, and use Google Contacts Sync across all three.

On my Android devices, this is simple.

And on my Android devices I can SENSIBLY choose whether to sync their Facebook Images (which are usually of thier cat, dog, baby, car, or phone, but invariably, NEVER actually of THEM). Or instead, to stick with the REAL photo of THEM, that I set myself, that I readily and instantly know and recognise them by.

My problem is though, my stupid pile of croc Nokia N8, which also syncs with my Google Contacts so that all my contacts are standardised no matter which handset I use... unfortunately it seems to INSIST on changing the Contacts Photos for my contacts, to their Facebook image, which as stated, 9 times out of 10, is their cat, dog, car, phone or whatever, but never of THEM.

And this then gets back-synced to my Google Contacts, so that ALL my Contacts on all devices get messed up.

So can anyone tell me is there any way to stop this enforced and unwanted behaviour on my N8, by way of a simple option, or is it time to throw my N8 in the bin and just stick solely with my Galaxy S2 from now to avoid messing up all my contacts...?

Please help!

Ads