All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 09-03-2012, 09:12 AM

mrochester is on a distinguished road
Microsoft Exchange calendar syncing

Hi all, very long time no post! I hope that someone will be able to help me with the following.

My sister has an N8 running Nokia Belle. So that she can more easily move between different phones in the future, we decided to set up her email, contacts and calendar using Exchange. She uses Hotmail. We have successfully managed to get the contacts and email in sync, but for some reason the calendar will not play ball at all.

If we add an appointment to the calendar on Hotmail, it does also appear on the phone, but the appointment times are completely wrong. Likewise, if we enter an appointment on the phone, it does appear in Hotmail, but again, the appointment times are wrong. Has anyone got any idea how to fix this?

Many thanks

M.

Old 10-03-2012, 03:27 PM

smcmanus is on a distinguished road
hello there I useexchange all the time. it syncs my email, calendar and todos all over the air. And I never have a issue. the big difference I'm using a corporate exchange (and I believe Lync server now). I would guess it was the funky config in hotmaill. Did you try IMAPI as well? Its very imiliar protocol to mail for exchange.
Ads

Old 03-07-2012, 01:09 AM

fefrie is on a distinguished road
Works for me EXCEPT that it won't pick up on the subscribed calendars that I use. I need those to work. Any ideas on how to remedy that?