All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 03-08-2011, 09:02 AM

idriskp is on a distinguished road
N8 - Is it possible to retreive deleted photos or videos ?

Hello to all, this is my first time posting. Hope the forum members can help.

I accidently deleted some images and videos on my Nokia N8 and need to recover them. Is there any way to retrieve them/get them back?

All help greatly appreciated

Thanks
Idris

Old 03-08-2011, 12:08 PM

MontyN95 is on a distinguished road
Nope! Sorry!!
Ads

Old 03-08-2011, 02:02 PM

boothy is on a distinguished road
Yes there is !

If you use one of the PC hard disk restorer utilities sold on the internet ( most allow you a free trial to see if files can be recovered. I use restorer ultimate from bitmart - link:http://www.bitmart.net/. I just connected the phone as a mass memory storage device and successfully recovered a series of photos deleted previously. A note here - I have always recovered fairly near to deletion - recovery is not always garanteed - if the device has been reformatted (you can recover data after several formats sometimes)or have regular deletions there may not be enough coherent data to recover. You may find the files are there but under generic file name. If you have saved a new file with same names as deleted there is very little chance of recovery. Its usually the data record of each storage device which is modified and therefore appears to be deleted not the actual content - it is really quite fightening how easy it is to recover data from a deleted or formatted hard drive with a basic PC and $50 of recovery software.

All the different utilities available do vary there search\scanning methods so it is worth trying several - you may have better recovery results with different software

Hope this helps

Boothy

Last edited by boothy; 03-08-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Old 03-08-2011, 03:28 PM

idriskp is on a distinguished road
Will try and let you know my findings and if successful r not...

Hi, thanks for your replies, I will give restorer ultimate a try and will let you know how i get on.

I thought that because the N8 is on a Symbian OS, it would not be able to be read as is a NTFS or FAT16, system. Hence I was under the impression that I would not be able to read any data. But I can browse my phones mass storage folders and files so may be the Symbian OS has nothing to do with it at all and as long as I can read the folders i should be able to retrieve files.

I will try and let you know.

Thanks for your help.
All help and suggestions are welcomed

Old 04-08-2011, 10:59 AM

warmth is on a distinguished road
Yes, it's completely possible using Piriform Recuva! Try it and let me know the results!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], Nokia Lumia 820 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.
Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | Nokia-news.com & LoveMyNokia.com writer

Old 04-08-2011, 12:11 PM

BobMaria is on a distinguished road
You can retrieve all your pics and video from the phone if the data is on memory card with the help of "Kernel for memory card recovery" software which efficiently and instantly recover all pictures and videos either corrupted or formatted or deleted pics from memory card. If you wanna try then check the demo version of the software in which you can preview the pics and videos in Red color in scan mode and then recover all of them by selecting.

You have to connect the memory card using card reader to the system where u have installed the software

Old 08-05-2012, 10:45 AM

sonyss is on a distinguished road
To retrieve deleted photos

Hi...

There is nothing to worry about your deleted photos from your memory card. You can easily recover all your photos and all the other files from the memory card by using memory card recovery software. This software is developed with an advanced algorithms to recover all popular audio, video and image file formats along with digital RAW photo files. This is the best software to recover deleted photos from memory card.
Also you can download the demo version of software here.....

Old 15-07-2013, 07:01 AM

june252 is on a distinguished road
Yes, it is possible to recover deleted photos and videos from Nokia phone. When files are deleted, the actual data of files are not erased, only the file table entry is deleted. So you can recover deleted files from Nokia phone with data recovery software. You may refer to this Nokia phone data recovery tutorial: Recover deleted photo videos from Nokia Phone

The tutorial is easy to follow and works well for me last time. Hope that it helps you too.

Last edited by june252; 19-07-2013 at 10:42 PM.