All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 11-04-2011, 02:03 AM

kev187 is on a distinguished road
E7 Camera is actually Damn Good

Ok... I am coming from a N900 with the 5MP + Carl Ziess optics. My 1st phone with a real camera...

Now N8 aside.. the E7 outside of Macro does really really well. I am a photography nut and have a Canon DSLR. I do lots of projects with HD video & have a couple camaers for the job (a gopro HD that also has a fixed focus)

*The Dual LED Flash on the E7 is fantastic. Last night out of a pub, I used it to take pics. Now on my N900 in a low light bar setting the pics would be a big grainy, but the E7 Flash is so bright, no grainy images here, and the Full Focus does a good job, as with my N900 the autofocus would often be blurry in low light. The E7 is crisp bright and non blurry. I even took a pic in a completely dark room tonight sitting on my couch & it lit the entire room up & was pretty damn clear.

*Out door shots are perfect every time, the color is amazing & its just crystal clear all around. I had a cookout today with some folks I go riding with, I used the E7 to take all the photos. I have a link here.

http://gallery.me.com/kev4evr#100303...r=black&sel=10

Now these were scaled down a bit once uploaded as I did not upload them full quality, but you can see the crisp detail & color in the photos.

I am going to do a bunch of test shots and post them online here.

But overall, aside from the lack of Macro, the E7 as a point & shoot is really fantastic, I am really happy with it all around.

Old 11-04-2011, 12:35 PM

HoneyMonster is on a distinguished road
The autofocus camera makes using barcode readers nearly impossible. Some big QRcodes work, but regular barcodes don't. Indoor pictures tend to come out 'foggy', other than that, it seems ok. The speed is much better than in N97.
Ads