PC: HP Pavillion tablet PC - running Vista
Sync SW: Sony-Ericsson PC Suite for smartphones v1.3.19
Doing what: Trying to sync Outlook Calendar/Contact with Phone calendar and contacts.
My wifes M600i will simply not connect to her laptop running PC Suite v 1.3.19. Neither USB or Bluetooth work, (quite frankly not bothered with IR) when phone is Set in Phone mode (for syncing). However, when set in file transfer mode the phone connects fine. Alas the latter will not enable syncing, but file transfer only - missing the point of the exercise.
In both cases the phone acknowledges that a connection is being requested and asks me to tap in which mode of communication is to be used, but once phone mode is chosen the connection is dead.
Anybody infinitely wiser than I care to share their experience in the matter? Please?
EDIT: Forgot to mention that I've reinstalled the PC Suite a couple of times, the USB/phone drivers as well - no luck
Ezzie, aka Eirik
Last edited by Ezzie0304; 06-07-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Reason: Added information
To resolve, try reinstalling Nokia PC Suite using the following steps:
1. Open Registry (Start->Run->type regedit in Open field)
2. Make a back up of the registry (Highlight My computer->File->Export)
3. Navigate to HK_CURRENT_USER\Software/PCSuite and delete the complete folder
4. Navigate to HK_CURRENT_USER\Software/Nokia and delete the complete folder
5. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/PCSuite and delete the complete folder
6. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Nokia and delete the complete folder. Disclaimer: Nokia does not hold responsibility if there are problems encountered after making the relevant changes; deleting the registry is at users own risk.
7. Uninstall Nokia PC Suite
8. In Windows navigate to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs
9. Uninstall the Nokia Connectivity Cable driver
10. Delete or rename the following folders:
• C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Application Data\PC Suite\ConfServer
• C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Nokia\ContentCopier
• C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Nokia\PCSync\SynchData
• C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Application Data\Datalayer
• C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Phone Browser (hidden folders)
7. Re-install Nokia PC Suite