All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 07-10-2008, 10:17 PM

JacksPott is on a distinguished road
Customizable Standby-Theme

hi is it possible to custimize the shortcuts in the standby theme?

like change some shortcuts for example the default profile under personalize?

and another question is, how are the gps coordinates connected with the picture i made? i cant see any coordinates in the picture details?

please help me

Old 13-08-2009, 05:19 AM

csc12345678 is on a distinguished road
I have the same question. I hope somebody can help. What does the theme mean exactly ? Is it just the background ? What about the functions on the standby screen ? Is it part of the theme ?

How do I change those functions on the standby screen ?

In my standby screen, I have appt and todo. But I only want to have appt only. How can I change that ?

I really hope somebody can help. Thanks very, very much in advance.

Old 24-08-2009, 08:39 PM

RickyS is on a distinguished road
Themes are backgrounds+icons. See here, for example: http://www.symbianthemes.us/samsung_innov8/

The only thing you can change in the standby screen are the shortcuts to apps.

All of it can be configured under the Settings menu.

Bear in mind that Samsung uses its own standby mode (vertical icon bar) that, as far as I know, can't be edited. You can change the shortcuts in the Full page mode.

HIH
R

Old 25-08-2009, 02:39 PM

Hi Ricky
Thanks for the explanation.
So I can change the background and the looks of the icon but not the functionality of the standby theme, right ?
I came across something called widget. Anything to do with the functionality ?

Thanks again.

Old 27-08-2009, 03:35 AM

You can change the icon sets, not a particular icon.
Widgets are usually (in this case) applications that use the Web browser to render. They are miniwebsites contained in you phone, so to speak, that connect to the Internet to download info (weather, facebook access, etc.)
Also, Samsung has widgets for its newer devices, that use its TouchWiz interface, and they support widgets, but the Innov8 does not, as far as I know

Old 28-08-2009, 03:25 PM

So I can actually design what ICONs I need ?

Currently I have Basic, Horizontal, Vertical. Please give me some pointers how... like where I can read on changing these ICONS. Thanks... I have been looking for this information for some time.

Old 28-08-2009, 11:58 PM

i don't really know how you make themes (icon sets+background), but you have to use Carbide UI (http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...ymbian_OS.html).
Basic, Horizontal and Vertical are home screen LAYOUTS (they are independent of the icon/theme you choose). They refer to wether you have a home screen without icons (basic), with a horizontal row of 5 or 6 shortcuts to apps, or the vertical scheme, which is only found in Samsung phones. You can't configure the vertical layout (you can change the icon set and the background, though, with any theme). You CAN configure the horizontal layout (i.e., choosing which apps appear in the row)

Old 29-08-2009, 08:47 AM

One of the things I want to do is this:

In the vertical layout, for the Calendar icon, I want to have only Appointments. I don't want the Tasks (Todo) to displayed.

If I were in the horizontal layout, I also want to display only Appointments and not Tasks (Todo). I also want to customise those (don't know how to call it) options below the icons.

Any idea ? You've been a great help already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
i don't really know how you make themes (icon sets+background), but you have to use Carbide UI (http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...ymbian_OS.html).
Basic, Horizontal and Vertical are home screen LAYOUTS (they are independent of the icon/theme you choose). They refer to wether you have a home screen without icons (basic), with a horizontal row of 5 or 6 shortcuts to apps, or the vertical scheme, which is only found in Samsung phones. You can't configure the vertical layout (you can change the icon set and the background, though, with any theme). You CAN configure the horizontal layout (i.e., choosing which apps appear in the row)

Old 30-08-2009, 02:05 AM

No, as I said, as far as I know you can't configure the vertical layout.
As for customising appointments/tasks/etc below the icons, I don't think you can change that, either, sorry. Nokia phones handle this a little bit different (they don't occupy the whole screen with appointments, for example)

Old 18-03-2011, 06:42 PM

1weirdone is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyS View Post
No, as I said, as far as I know you can't configure the vertical layout.
As for customising appointments/tasks/etc below the icons, I don't think you can change that, either, sorry. Nokia phones handle this a little bit different (they don't occupy the whole screen with appointments, for example)
I found that on the Nokia 6790, you can do this.

Click Menu >> Tools >> Phone Settings >> General >> Personalization >> Standby mode >> Shortcuts

Then scroll down to Shortcut 1 thru Shortcut 6. These are the icons displayed on the Home Screen as the Horizontal Icons. Shortcut 1 being the one on the far left, then Shortcut 2, and so on.

To change, click on the Shortcut you want to change in the Shortcuts menu, then click Application (if you want an app there instead. Like I changed phone info to my Google app), then scroll to the App you want there instead.

Pretty simple once you find it....
Ads