All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 11-02-2011, 06:19 PM

supportnokia is on a distinguished road
Supporting Nokia

I think many of Nokia's users, whether they use Symbian, Maemo, S40 or a combination thereof, have been extremely concerned by today's announcements.

It would seem that Nokia has become an adjunct of Redmond.

As per Google's barbed comments yesterday, I feel WP7 is a Turkey; a half-baked one at that. It's a glorified and under-featured feature-phone O/S. Consumers seem to recognise this, sales having been poor in the US and dismal everywhere else. Without Symbian or Meego, where would that leave Nokia in the smartphone market?

Whilst Nokia's direction seems to be governed by MS strategy at the moment, the board is not entirely composed of stooges (at least not yet). As per today's fairly drastic falls in Nokia's stock on world markets, many investors are in a state of extreme disquiet over today's news.

What can we do? We as a community can continue to support and buy Maemo / Meego, Symbian and S40 products, whilst boycotting any future WP7 phones with Nokia label. Grass-roots campaigns can be exceedingly successful. Elop can't ignore the market forever, and if he does, he'll be sacked.

I've registered the following domains:

www.supportnokia.org
www.supportnokia.com
www.supportnokia.net

People should contact me if they would like to support this idea and have useful skills. I'm neither a coder, nor do I have access to (good) free web-hosting, so others will need to take care of that whilst other individuals manage the project.