All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-11-2010, 08:36 PM

nl1sms is on a distinguished road
Where do .sis files get stored on nokia 5230

Hello there,

I use a Nokia 5230 mobile and purchased a game from the ovi store. I now want to download that game from my mobile to my pc. I use Nokia pc suite with usb cable.

When i scan the memory on my phone it says there is 5 mb of .sis files installed. However i can't seem to find the installed games. In pc suite there is no option to download. When i browse through the folders of my memory card i still can't find the game. I can delete the game but don't seem to be able to copy the game. Where can i find the installed .sis files ? And how can i download them ??? (So i can install the same game on another phone)

Thanx in advance.

Greetings from Holland !
Ads

Old 07-11-2010, 07:23 AM

N/A is on a distinguished road
When you install a sis/sisx file, the content of the file is extracted, and the actual sis/sisx file is deleted at the end of the process.

After the app is installed, the original sis/sisx file is no longer around for copying/saving.

Also, even if you know what files were in the sis/sisx file originally, it is not enough to recreate the original sis/sisx file.

If you want to install the same app on another phone, then use the other phone to go to Ovi Store and download it using the other phone.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:42 PM

nl1sms is on a distinguished road
thanx for the reply. i now understand it's not possible to copy an installed .sis file from one phone to another.

But why does my phone say there's x MB of sis files installed when the .sis files get deleted afterwards ?