All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-02-2010, 12:51 PM

robertdh is on a distinguished road
Have to disagree with Ewan on this one. Snaptu is one of the better "all in one" apps out there for social integration....
i dont find it ugly....
the twitter and facebook apps do the job easily...update status, comments etc. RSS reader and i like that you can also add other "mini apps" in snaptu eg picassa....full customization....
i think Ewan's "mistake" here was he probabaly didnt use the latest version....(they update pretty regular...another plus) which also includes an integrated google search...the guys at snaptu are very informative and one can easily get responses directly from @snaptu via twitter...in a timely manner
if that is not enough...its free!

Old 18-02-2010, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

need links from snaptu to open in Opera

a very good feature on snaptu would be to allow opening twitter links in opera

Old 02-04-2010, 09:46 AM
Vinit

Thumbs up hookup $3,500

Given that symbian (S60) phones like the E63 and E71 don't even have a proper twitter or facebook client, Snaptu is the closes you can get to actually using these websites.
Others such as Shozu come close, but need a lot more work.

Ive used Shozu, Snaptu and Fring for a while, and Snaptu is the best designed for twitter and facebook by far.

Old 10-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Very Impressed

I can see how this app would be great on some phones less geared towards apps etc. Loads of useful apps within one free application.

personally, I have a BlackBerry Storm 2 and didn't bother with Snaptu as everything it did, I had an app for anyway. I don't really use Twitter, only Facebook and the rest of the stuff wasn't really necessary so I didn't see the point.

Then I started to get annoyed with the BB Facebook app, which is slow and difficult to use, so I decided to try Snaptu just for Facebook and have been delighted with the results.

Much faster and well laid out, I would recommend it over the RIM Facebook app and using the mobile site on something like Opera. The only downside is that you can't upload pics, but I can still do that through email anyway and hopefully they add that functionality soon. One other important feature is that recent versions of BB Facebook require a dataplan to work, so if you don't have a BIS or BES to access, you can't use them. Snaptu does not so Facebook access for all.

The RSS feeds are easy to use and the rest of the stuff is pretty useful, although I don't use most of them all that often. But you never know when you might need a quick way of checking TV listings or easy access to a dictionary at short notice.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Smile snaptu

i have tried snaptu on s40(n5130). i was amazed with speed and response of snaptu.i did not stuck at all and switching between twitter and facebook is very fast. though facebook lack some features but it does the basic thing one expects. i would consider it as one of the best apps for lower end phones and a must give try to it...

Old 02-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Great App

I have been using Snaptu on my S40 Device for some time now, and it's my most-used app (Opera Mini is 2nd). I think it's a must-have if you don't have a smartphone.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:32 AM
Unregistered

facebook on snaptu for nokia c3

hello everyone. i need some help. i cannot acces facebook through snaptu. i always git the hint "temporary problem occured" but all the other sites like twitter and flicker do open and i cn browse it well.

why is this happening on my cellphone? isn't compatible?

thanks for the help

Old 23-08-2010, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up topapp

I like snaptu i'd like it as main screen but not keen on leaving a runnin app. This vivaz battery bad enough as it is
Ads