All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > UIQ

Old 24-04-2008, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

mai i kno ?

i jus bought a w960 today...and i really feel hard use after i try,cos im using nokia from last,somebody can help me?my problem is how to transfer movie from pc to phone?isnt relly need buy a software from internet?

Old 27-04-2008, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

A?

if u up grade the media manager it has a converter 4 the mp4s. it converts it and transfers it in 1 go, which is very conveniant.

Old 05-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Unregistered

h264

Atlease w880i is able to play h264/mp4 with h264 video being baseline and level <= 1b (1.1 works if you don't tell that in metainfo that it's 1.1). So I think symbian-based w960 should be able to play atleast that 1.0 level stuff ?

Old 01-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Thumbs up Awesome

Great review.

I have had my w960 for about 3 weeks and it takes some getting used to. But i love it. I have a full movie on my phone to watch as and when i please along with plenty of music tracks with plenty more space to spare. Also i love the very loud ringtones.

Bad points:

Camera takes too long to start up and take a pic so if you want a quick picture then you are stuffed.

I would like a flash player or similar to view online videos. i.e youtube, phone does not support this.

Not many bad points but do think that the play icons should stay lit while music is playing.

Just my load!

Jason

Old 09-08-2008, 10:05 AM
mreda

Unhappy healp me????????

Having a real trouble deciding which phone to go for.
w960 or nokia n78

Any advises......would be highly appreciated.
Thanks

Old 27-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Unregistered

Question w960i and Mac

Good Morning,

I've got a question: Is it possible to synchronize sonyericsson cell phones with a mac? I had a v630i and later a blackberry 8110 and had problems with both to connect them with my iMac G5.

Do you know more?

Cheers
Ads

Old 22-11-2008, 04:21 AM
Unregistered

I just got the W960 & I really love it. Just a few things though, it is a little bulky, but I guess that's okay since it can do so much. However, I wish we could use the VGA 3G camera for photos. And perhaps it could be made possible for portrait photos to be taken.
Also, does anyone know how to change the font colour? When I use the 'walkman' theme, and when I'm in messaging and using the dictionary, I cannot see the alternate word options because they're black. & yes I'm kinda annoyed with the dedicated playback buttons which are disabled at other apps. The lack of the up down left right buttons is a little disturbing but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Another thing, most phones allow files to be sent via bluetooth, and even if your bluetooth is off, it will switch it on for the file transfer, and then off following that, but in this phone, they will ask you to turn it on and after the transfer, you have to go and switch it off yourself... a little annoying since I've left it on accidentally and my battery dwindled really quickly.

Great review btw!
Cheers(:

Old 23-11-2008, 05:29 PM

5OUL0_ is on a distinguished road
I didn't know how to start a new thread but i had 3 questions for my w960

1. In my call list, why is there a (+) next to a particular contact of mine?
2. How do i fix the time on incoming messages. It's currently a few hours ahead
3. Where can i receive firmware updates now that SEUS no longer supports w960?

PLEASE REPLY!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SO MUCH IN ADVANCE ! ^^

Old 04-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
the volume on my w960 doesnt go very loud, is any 1 else having the same problem??
other than that i love the fone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had the same problem and I never thought i will find a solution. The solution for listening with headphones are SE HBH-DS980. Volume becomes louder than on previous phones such as k750

Old 30-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Unregistered

Merradh

Hey you all calm down. I cant believe you're all arguing over some alarm function. My N70 can wake me up with alarm even when it's turned off. But i observed that it would use much more battery energy than if i activated offline mode and set up the alarm. If you really like the 'ressurection capability', just wait for firmware fix or new app. Otherwise, i recommend the offline mode tips.

Old 23-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Unregistered

Sent text messages

How can I keep a history of my my sent messages and the delivery report details?