All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 03-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Nokia E73 Mode for T-Mobile USA - comes with Ovi services

Nokia and T-Mobile USA have announced the forthcoming availability of the Nokia E73 Mode. It is, effectively, an operator specific variant of the Nokia E72, which was released last year. However, there are a number of cosmetic changes and the 3G bands have been changed to suite T-Mobile's network. Notably for a operator branded Nokia handset it will ship with a range of Nokia services including Ovi Maps and Ovi Store. The E73 Mode will be available from June 16th for $69.99 on a two year contract.

Read on in the full article.

Old 03-06-2010, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Very welcome addition. Would be nice if it were available on a non-contractual basis as well though, just on general principles.

Old 03-06-2010, 03:05 PM

Jejoma is on a distinguished road
It sounds like a real bargain - depending on monthly charges of course
Ads

Old 03-06-2010, 03:30 PM

krizanand is on a distinguished road
There is a typo in the thrid point, i suppose, under "Differences between the Nokia E72 and Nokia E73 Mode"

Curved keyboard - the E72 has its keyboard laid out in a slight curve, compared to the squarer layout on the E72.

That should be E73.

Thanks........

Old 03-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Unregistered

E72 is also a bit round

I just checked my E72 and the keyboard is very, very slightly curved also, though it's difficult to see. The more rows you go down, the more curved it gets.

Old 03-06-2010, 08:27 PM

jackc111 is on a distinguished road
Cool Was ready to jump...

...until I realized how backwards things are at T-Mobile. I am a current T-Mobile USA customer with an unlocked E55.

TMO's pay as you go plans are actually much cheaper per month if you bring your own phone. You don't have a two year contract.

But if you want a subsidized E73, NOT ONLY do you have to sign a contract, you also pay significant more a month for Talk+Text+Web on a monthly basis.

In short, for getting a subsidized device, I would be willing to sign a 2-year contract OR pay more per month, but not both. If I had to guess I would say it would not be too hard to pick up an E73 (locked or unlocked) and bring it to TMO with the month-to-month deal and save money all around.

If they're starting at US$70 and maybe free on Amazon, they're bound to turn up on eBay for relatively cheap.

Or maybe I'll just wait for the N8.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:43 AM
Unregistered

What about Europe?

If this phone is available in Europe, I will buy it immediately! The design has all the things I've been missing in E72. (That's why I still use E71.) Rafe, do you have any idea if Nokia will provide us with a European counterpart of this model?

Old 04-06-2010, 01:59 AM
Unregistered

Any updates coming soon?

Do you think they'll release an update to the E72/73 with more RAM, a faster CPU, and a higher resolution screen but in the same thin, metal design?

Old 06-06-2010, 04:23 PM
KPO'M

If this is any indication, the 5230 Nuron is $69 under contract and $179 unsubsidized from T-Mobile. Since the unsubsidized plans are $10 less per month, the unsubsidized deal is a lot better.

Old 07-06-2010, 03:27 AM

n0k1a is on a distinguished road
Sweet! I have literally been waiting for years for a decent Nokia/Symbian device with T-Mo USA's 3G band (Nuron and N900 need not apply).

That said, I always buy unlocked, unbranded devices if at all possible. I do not want to downgrade to an artificially crippled device. Does anyone know if an unlocked, unbranded version of this device is in the pipeline, or what (if any) functions will be crippled on the T-Mo version?

Also, is the build quality as good as that of the E71 (my current main device, and still the best phone on the planet), or is it inferior (as I have read repeatedly of the E72)?

Sad to see they've kept that hideous 'home' key instead of the standard Symbian menu key. Also looks like they may have stripped out the IR port, which I don't use all the time, but it's extremely handy when I need it (such as for troubleshooting industrial equipment with IR interfaces).

At any rate, this will easily be the best device ever available from any US carrier, and thankfully from the best US carrier at that.

Old 14-06-2010, 04:38 PM

jApi NL is on a distinguished road
Smile Review Nokia E73 Mode

Here is a hands-on review of the E73 by Mark Guim :
http://thenokiablog.com/2010/06/14/n...3-mode-review/

Regards jApi NL

Old 18-06-2010, 03:40 AM
Unregistered

MOV Converter for Mac is specially designed for Mac OS X users which can convert various video and audio formats to MOV with just a few clicks, including avi, flv, 3gp, mp4, mpg, 3gp, mov, m4v, ts, tp, trp, mts, m2ts, tp, mkv, mod, asf, mp3, mka, wav, wma, mp2, jpg, bmp, ect.
In addition, you can customize watermark at will, such as set image watermark, text watermark, ect.
Category:
AVI to MOV Converter for Mac
FLV to MOV Converter for Mac
DIVX to MOV Converter for Mac
DVD to MOV Converter for Mac
MP4 to MOV Converter for Mac
M4V to VOB Converter for Mac
MPG to MOV Converter for Mac
WMV to MOV Converter for Mac
VOB to MOV Converter for Mac

Old 14-07-2010, 02:54 AM
Unregistered

VolumeRates: Wholesale Electronics Gadgets - China Wholesale - Incredibly low prices

volumerates.com,best DS flashcarts,Flash Memory,video Games and Cell Phone online store, Provide the latest electronic product, the hottest price and best service. We will give you the best shopping experience.
http://www.volumerates.com/

Old 21-07-2010, 10:37 AM
villy

hm...thanks for information, but I use Macvide FlashVideo Converter (macvide.com) for converting flash to video on mac...