All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 27-12-2008, 08:08 AM

gslavik is on a distinguished road
Good music player?

I recently acquired this phone after drooling at it's pictures for half a year. The phone is excellent, except in one department. Music. On my Nokia 6301 (S40), the music player does it's job well. Load a bunch of songs and go. The E90 seems to be on crutches. Using the file manager, I can browse and select a single file to play, but when I open it by itself it seems to become unresponsive and I have to kill it through task manager. I have also tried OggPlay, but it does not have the capability to create play lists.

Are there any other players that can play mp3/ogg that I can try?
Ads

Old 03-01-2009, 12:10 PM

CALVINE90 is on a distinguished road
I Absolutely Must Disagree

There Is Absolutely Nothing Wrong With The E90's Music Player.it Works As It Should.your Problem Seems Quite Bizarre To Say The Least.just Get A Really Good Set Of Headphones To Replace The Ones That Came With The Phone And You All Sorted.i Hope You Start To Enjoy Your Music Player Once You've Sorted Out Your Niggly Problems You Having.

Old 24-03-2010, 08:03 PM

suvratpuri is on a distinguished road
Music Player Volume

Hi,

I was looking for some thread that discussed the music player volume for E90 and this is the only one I came across. I have the regular 2.5mm headset that comes with the phone, which for some reason is useless for music. I purchased an adapter to convert to 3.5mm headsets and use a V Moda Vibe duo (worked wonders with my iphone). Unfortunately, the volume level is still not good enough and sometimes the enhancement is not supported. I am looking to enjoy my music and not having the need to carry an ipod. Can someone please guide me the best alternative for the volume to be enhanced on my E90.

Thanks.

Old 25-03-2010, 08:25 PM

Ammar_Dento is on a distinguished road
Am using E90 for 2 years now and i use as my main music player too. The Music player application has no problems. You can use the File manager or the gallery if you dont mind. I bought the Nokia BH 503 bluetooth headset and its more than great for 40$. May be you have a softwar problem!

Old 30-06-2010, 11:51 PM

Peter Sulzer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gslavik View Post
I recently acquired this phone after drooling at it's pictures for half a year. The phone is excellent, except in one department. Music. On my Nokia 6301 (S40), the music player does it's job well. Load a bunch of songs and go. The E90 seems to be on crutches. Using the file manager, I can browse and select a single file to play, but when I open it by itself it seems to become unresponsive and I have to kill it through task manager. I have also tried OggPlay, but it does not have the capability to create play lists.

Are there any other players that can play mp3/ogg that I can try?
The E90 has an inbuild music player which is excellent. The problem is:

If your mp3-files are not tagged with MP3-Tags, than it behaves strange. Tag your MP3 and you are able to select albums, artists, genre, ...

If you are too lazy to tag your files, I recommend SymSMB 4.0 (Google is your friend). Also it is not thought as a MP3-player but as a Samba-Client for Windows networks, it has an integrated music player, which is able to play music files directly from a directory (which may - SymSMB is a Samba client - resist on your PC [if you have created a network drive inside of SymSMB]). Also most people seems not to have realized it: SymSMB is HORRIBLE GOOD (at least if you have a SAMBA [aka Windows] network). Unfortunately NOKIA has forbidden that it is sold anymore - SHAME!

But the best solution is (I also hated the Media Player at first) to tag your MP3 files - it's a dream (of course a lot of work). There are a lot of good (Windows, Mac, ...) Apps for free, which do the job (tagging MP3-files).

And another good tip: Bemused - Freeware! Remote control your Winamp running on your PC via Bluetooth (you need an older version of Winamp, but then you see even the playlist [and can add to it] on your "Commi" [and any other S60, was even available for S60 1st!).

Peter

Old 02-07-2010, 06:26 PM

loise is on a distinguished road
yeah the music player is cool the only thing is that i cant manage playlist though

Old 02-07-2010, 06:27 PM

loise is on a distinguished road
yeah great E90 is so awesome..

Old 09-07-2010, 05:49 AM
Banned

elliottmatthew is on a distinguished road
I think you should try to media monkey in place, if you are looking for a music player for audio. Its good work, has a nice sound quality, lightweight and simple interface. Try it for free and available to FileHippo.