All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Nokia N8 image and video samples

Nokia have released sample images and a video captured on the Nokia N8. They demonstrate multimedia capture capabilities, which are on the cutting edge. They offer the illustrative evidence to accompany Steve's features on the N8's camera heritage and the story behind the N8's camera, which give you all the details you need on the technology, ancestry and design decisions behind the N8's 12 megapixel camera.

Read on in the full article.

Old 28-04-2010, 03:11 PM

Ratkat is on a distinguished road
I think that video looks amazing, but can't help wishing they had chosen not to edit it on the desktop before posting it on Vimeo.
I'll reserve judgement until they post a un-edited video with audio recorded on the device so we can see how well the audio syncs with the video, but it's looking good so far....

Cost Effective Web Design Nximedia

Old 28-04-2010, 03:53 PM
DeadReckoning

What was wrong with the guy in the video? And why was somebody standing there taking video pictures when they should have been calling an ambulance or giving first aid?
Ads

Old 28-04-2010, 04:30 PM

viipottaja is on a distinguished road
Damian has confirmed the material was not touched-up/enhanced so I have no concerns with that.

Old 28-04-2010, 06:06 PM
wiltjer

Thumbs up

wow I'm impressed. After 8 months with the Iphone 3GS I'm tempted to go back to Nokia

Old 28-04-2010, 07:34 PM
Unregistered

Those images defy everything logical about cameras and lenses. I would have believed it if it was claimed they were taken on a Nikon or Canon. Dinning, take a bow man. That's incredible and enough to sell the damn phone on its own.

Old 29-04-2010, 05:47 AM

saint.soldier is on a distinguished road
:)

my n79 can produce kinda similar results in the day. but i still am waiting for the night shots. remember the thing called true test of sensor in low light???

Old 29-04-2010, 10:12 AM

DamianDinning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Those images defy everything logical about cameras and lenses. I would have believed it if it was claimed they were taken on a Nikon or Canon. Dinning, take a bow man. That's incredible and enough to sell the damn phone on its own.

Thanks for your comments, I'll make sure the guys get to see these comments, they've worked damn hard and are the real heroes.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Images N8 false

Attention:
All images have been manipulated with Photoshop. Have been deleted some data from the imaging information, such as example, the camera made the pictures. These photos are a lie. Probably the video will also be genuine or false, and be done with another camera.

Old 11-06-2010, 11:43 PM

DamianDinning is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Attention:
All images have been manipulated with Photoshop. Have been deleted some data from the imaging information, such as example, the camera made the pictures. These photos are a lie. Probably the video will also be genuine or false, and be done with another camera.
Hi, I can assure you the images and video posted on Nokia Conversations are genuine. They were captured with an early N8 with non final HW and development SW over the weekend just days prior to the N8's announcement.

The reason for the missing EXIF data is because this functionality is not enabled until after public announcement of new products such as the Nokia N8.

br

D