All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 20-09-2009, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you do not like twitter then there is nothing to stop you from ignoring it. There are bad contents, but the joy of twitter is having the ability to follow whichever content you want. If you can't see the point of that then I pity you. I pity you even more since you clearly to not like the concept of twitter, yet is willing to troll.

I do ignore twitter!

But I am still am curious as to the point of it, so I ask. As usual, one or two try to defend it but still cannot answer the question of what it is for. Not a troll, genuine question. I do see the point of other media, such as blogs and forums, but I don't see why the content of twitter can't better be expressed on blogs and forums.

No worries, twitter will be all but gone in 24 months. Passing fad.

Old 20-09-2009, 06:12 PM
TreacleFeet

I too am curious about what twitter is for. It would be useful if people could provide a substantial explanation rather than "you are too stupid to find good content" type personal insults that are usually what you expect from people who haven't anything better to offer.

Old 20-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Unregistered

I'm also curious. What is the point of twitter?

"you are too stupid to find good content"
You mean good content in 140 characters?

Old 20-09-2009, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Why not Twittix?This is be able to see pictures on your phone and upload.
Ads

Old 22-09-2009, 02:23 PM
Unregistered

In defence of Twitter

I've been using the service for a few weeks now. I work as an academic in information systems, and have a number of colleagues who are keen Twitter users, so mostly use it to keep up with what they're doing. As a work tool it's useful - very much up to the minute, a good sense of what's been happening right now or at least in the past day or two. I've not seen any of the celebrity Twitter feeds that people talk about so much, though I do follow a few public figures and journalists close to my academic field. I think the description of Twitter as 'micro-blogging' works for me - postings are more up-to-the-minute and shorter than blogs.

Old 22-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
mostly use it to keep up with what they're doing. As a work tool it's useful - very much up to the minute, a good sense of what's been happening right now or at least in the past day or two.
Excellent.

However I prefer to talk to my work colleagues.

Old 26-01-2010, 03:13 AM
Nokia E71 User

Thumbs up Tweet60 vs Gravity

Having used both apps including Snaptu to access tweets, I found that the ability to download and even read the tweets offline, e.g. when on the move, is the most useful feature of Tweets60 as compared to the rest. Snaptu needs to be always connected to the network and you can only retrieve a few tweets at a time, makes this quite cumbersome. As for Gravity, although there are more features, it's not free and it too needs to be connected to the network all the time. With Tweets60, I can do a quick refresh then move on and continue to read or refer back to the old tweets that have been downloaded.

Old 25-03-2010, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

direct messages

I like Tweets60 very much too, but how can I delete my direct messages?

Old 29-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Unregistered

upload pics?

how can i upload pictures using tweets60 on my E63 phone?