All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 10-03-2010, 12:48 AM

xerxes is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered View Post
interesting that you should reply to me with that comment because i am an iphone owner. I agreed safari is good (although it has its moments when it just shuts down and i see a lot of "cannot play media" in place of what should be content). I can't say i am mad on multitouch if it's not backed up by one handed alternative gestures. That was an idiotic mistake by apple and often damned inconvenient.

There is much about the iphone that annoys me, really important stuff like being able to make a phone call, and able to survive being dropped. Basically i tolerate it because it has apps i need. It's not so hot though.
+1
Ads

Old 10-03-2010, 12:55 AM

xerxes is on a distinguished road
@Steve,

When you do these comparisons can you include a category on voice call quality, signal strength and phone features (things like ring volume, being able to save an incoming number or the number from an incoming text to an existing contact, ease of switching to speaker phone, making conference calls, smart dialling by typing a contact name on the home screen etc).

I know these things might seem boring but those of us who use our phones for business rely on these features. These items, particularly the ability to hold onto a call in a marginal signal area, are the reason I still use my N95 alongside the my iPhone 3GS. The iPhone simply can't cut it for me as a business phone.