All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 17-01-2010, 07:18 PM

craigyb is on a distinguished road
Is the Satio as dead as this forum section?

Not much of a buzz about the Satio, even with the new firmware?

Old 19-01-2010, 06:52 PM

seki is on a distinguished road
3rd time ...

I wrote a couple of replies .. but for some reason they failed to appear ..

basically this forum/site is dominated by Nokia .. as is the market-place.

I'm pretty happy with my Satio .. still look forward to future firmware updates.

Old 19-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
Hmm I better check the spam filters - sorry about non-appearing results.

To be fair there are some strong independent SE forums too.

Old 19-01-2010, 07:36 PM

Biggles is on a distinguished road
Aside from hardware, most other topics regarding the Satio are as pertinent to the N97 or 5800 and so end up being discussed on those forums.

That said, for me the Satio is king of the Symbian handsets right now. The i8910 is close, but SE's panel home screen gives S60v5 a nice modern touch whereas I don't really like Samsung's TouchWiz home screen.
Ads

Old 22-01-2010, 12:42 PM

volvo940se is on a distinguished road
I had the N97 and after more than my fair share of issues, voda replaced it with a Satio, I have always been an SE user, and my move to the N97 was one taken due to no SE at the time being an improvement over the C905 I had at the time, but I can safely say the since I have had the Satio, I am more than happy with it. Faster than the N97 allot more stable than the N97, and pictures are out of this world. The new vivaz looks even better, but for now the Satio is top dog in the symbian worls as far as I am concerned.

Old 22-01-2010, 07:53 PM

sanctusmortis is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo940se View Post
I had the N97 and after more than my fair share of issues, voda replaced it with a Satio, I have always been an SE user, and my move to the N97 was one taken due to no SE at the time being an improvement over the C905 I had at the time, but I can safely say the since I have had the Satio, I am more than happy with it. Faster than the N97 allot more stable than the N97, and pictures are out of this world. The new vivaz looks even better, but for now the Satio is top dog in the symbian worls as far as I am concerned.
Just got mine today as a replacement for a truly broken N97, and already over the moon I have. Soooooo much better in every way.

Old 22-01-2010, 10:28 PM

seki is on a distinguished road
Beer I'll be happy ..

when SE put the same video application into the Satio firmware as they're going to use in the Vivaz .. seems we need to be patient.

Old 24-01-2010, 11:39 PM

Biggles is on a distinguished road
Agreed, I'd love HD video on the Satio. However I don't think it's going to happen. The Vivaz has a faster processor (720 MHz) and I think that it was needed. The i8910 had framerate issues, so I think that the 600 MHz chip in it and the Satio just can't cut it for HD.