All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 04-10-2009, 04:11 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
Nokia 5730 XpressMusic - part 2 - Software and Multimedia

Nokia's night-life-optimised red 5730 XpressMusic gets its final verdict from me in this, part 2 of my All About Symbian Nokia 5730 review, looking at its software bundle and its camera and multimedia. I also give a summary of the device: "There is absolutely no doubting the functionality quotient of the Nokia 5730 Xpressmusic - there are buttons for everything and more applications that most geeks could comfortably embrace."

Read on in the full article.

Old 04-10-2009, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

hmm

It seems that I will have to make a tough decision in choosing between E75 and 5730. I love the metallic nature of e75 but the addition of digital compass and a better numberpad make me lean more towards 5730. Tough. Tough.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:27 PM

mikejaydavies is on a distinguished road
I'm veering extremely toward this device now, although it's still a toss-up between this or the superb E55.

My current contract expires in February, and I'll probably be offered an upgrade before that time. The price should have fallen to the predicted 200 - but would I be better off trying to get the device with a Comes With Music service? I think in the long run it would prove to be better value for money, although I'll have to see.

I also imagine the other colours will only be available on networks - it shouldn't make a massive difference but I would rather have a blue one over the red one you reviewed!

Old 05-10-2009, 04:37 AM
delanz_NotLogin

Good to see that the photos produced with the handset dont have the famous 'watercolour effect' especially the leaves on the tree like on the previous photo imaging handset like N82. We can quite see the leaves as seperate leaves :-)
Ads

Old 05-10-2009, 08:01 AM

malerocks is on a distinguished road
Seems like a very nice phone... Nothing too swanky, but still seems like a decent all-rounder.

Steve, how stable does the firmware seem to you? Does the phone hang / any obvious bugs?

Old 05-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
>>Steve, how stable does the firmware seem to you? Does the phone hang / any obvious bugs?

Quite stable so far. Just a few display oddities once in a while. No slowdowns or crashes.

>>Good to see that the photos produced with the handset dont have the famous 'watercolour effect' especially the leaves on the tree like on the previous photo imaging handset like N82. We can quite see the leaves as seperate leaves :-)

Yes, this seems to be something the 3mp sensors don't suffer from!

>>It seems that I will have to make a tough decision in choosing between E75 and 5730. I love the metallic nature of e75 but the addition of digital compass and a better numberpad make me lean more towards 5730. Tough. Tough.

Given the choice, I'd go for E75, the metal and build sway it for me, but as you say, the equation is very, very close, especially as the 5730 is a bit cheaper.

Old 05-10-2009, 10:51 AM

leebloke is on a distinguished road
Is there a UK release date yet? Looking on the different mobile carriers websites shows no mention of the phone. My contract is up soon and this phone is looking very tempting.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:43 PM

mozam is on a distinguished road
tv out

steve have u tried tv out funtion? is it there??

Old 05-10-2009, 08:13 PM

Williamoni is on a distinguished road
Please put me out of my misery by answering the question: what did the cat eat that it was not supposed to?

Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Cool On it's way

I ordered one of these and I can't wait. Should be here by Monday at the latest. I will keep this for a couple of years and then see how Maemo turns out. By then, I hope enough time has passed to where the Maemo platform will have either succeeded or failed and I can shop around for another phone. Hopefully, my next phone later will be a Nokia; but I have a feeling that if Maemo fails, I will be looking more towards HTC or Samsung's Android type of phones.

Old 30-11-2009, 07:00 AM
Unregistered

Question

Wich is a better buy the N79 or the 5730Xm?

Old 24-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

Smile hi!!

wch is a better buy n79 or 5730??