All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > News and Comments > Series 60

Old 04-10-2009, 07:51 AM

morpheus2702 is on a distinguished road
Was in the Nokia store @ Regents Street yesterday.

Amazed at how sold and well built the phone felt. Much better than the N97!

Old 04-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Unregistered

hardware

Hi Steve,

Can you comment on the presence of a dedicated graphics chip (3D engine) in Nokia 5730? The last Nokia I know which had it is N95 8gb. How do the graphics performance (Ngage) in 5730 compare to Nokia e75? What about the presence of a dedicated sound chip? Thank you.

Regards

Old 04-10-2009, 12:06 PM
tobytatze

E75 successful?

Hey Steve,
above you said "The consumer-focussed sister phone to the successful Nokia E75". Could you share any details about the sales figures of the E75? I own one by myself and really love the concept of this phone, but I was wondering how successful the phone is and if there could ever be a successor to it...

Old 04-10-2009, 04:01 PM
Administrator

slitchfield is on a distinguished road
>>Could you share any details about the sales figures of the E75? I own one by myself and really love the concept of this phone, but I was wondering how successful the phone is and if there could ever be a successor to it...

Well, there are about 5 million Eseries sold worldwide in each quarter. I'd guess the E75 might be around a million per quarter?

>>Can you comment on the presence of a dedicated graphics chip (3D engine) in Nokia 5730?

Hasn't got one. Same internals as E75. Quite good enough for day to day use, but fire up a 3D game and things slow down.

>>What about the presence of a dedicated sound chip? Thank you.

Nope. But sound is still excellent. IMHO.

>>You're estimated to get a few days out of it with very moderate use, but you'll most likely charge the phone up every night if you want to make sure it lasts the next day

Fair enough, if you use it hard or do lots of push email.

>>Nice review. Looking forward to the rest. I have heard that the battery life is not so good. Please do comment on that as well.

Seems fine to me, but then I don't use next-gen Nokia Messaging 8-)

Old 06-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Muneeb69

Question Muneeb_69

Im confused wich phone to buy. .5730xm for its qwerty,new features lyk its contact bar (nt so important though) and looks bt nt sure on its reliablity or the n79 for its 5mp,fm transmitter,N-series brand image and reliablity. . .plz advice me on this Steve. . . And please reply as fast as possible!! Thank you!
Ads