All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 28-07-2009, 08:29 AM

Super Chimp is on a distinguished road
Question about Italian i8910HD stock in the UK?

A question if you did end up getting an Italian model in the UK would Samsung UK service it & when it came to selling it would their be an issue with this?
Ads

Old 30-07-2009, 07:50 PM

Jejoma is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Chimp View Post
A question if you did end up getting an Italian model in the UK would Samsung UK service it?
Good question. That was one of my concerns when Expansys sold me a "UK model" that turned out to be a French one with English instructions. I returned it!

Old 16-08-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jejoma View Post
Good question. That was one of my concerns when Expansys sold me a "UK model" that turned out to be a French one with English instructions. I returned it!
Apparently the ones on Play are French too, or so I have been informed, though I hasten to say I didn't get this information from Play themselves. It seems in the UK that the French model is the standard SIM free version you will end up with.

This whole business is rather putting me off, I know you get a Euro warranty but even so it does make you think twice as far as phone support is concerned.

Old 17-08-2009, 03:38 AM

rvirga is on a distinguished road
Probably you have already found this on your own, but in case you haven't: What if my product is purchased from abroad?
Quote:
Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd. support a product purchased in Europe if it has an EU Bloc Warranty. This warranty is present where the top of the product warranty card clearly states 'European Bloc.'

If a product is purchased in another part of the globe then Samsung may attempt a repair. Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd. cannot guarantee the outcome.
I don't see a 'European Block' sign on the front of my Italian warranty booklet (there's a CE logo in the back, though). However in the second paragraph they say they might repair it anyway. I think what you should do is locate the Samsung service centre that's closest to you and ask them what their policy is. After all, they'll be the ones to handle your phone if it breaks. They might also be able to explain you better what a EU Bloc warranty card looks like.

Old 17-08-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvirga View Post
Probably you have already found this on your own, but in case you haven't: What if my product is purchased from abroad?

I don't see a 'European Block' sign on the front of my Italian warranty booklet (there's a CE logo in the back, though). However in the second paragraph they say they might repair it anyway. I think what you should do is locate the Samsung service centre that's closest to you and ask them what their policy is. After all, they'll be the ones to handle your phone if it breaks. They might also be able to explain you better what a EU Bloc warranty card looks like.
Thanks for that. I wonder what impact this would have when it comes to selling it on?

I think some of those phone recycling places that buy phones are a bit picky if they will accept it or not if it's not a UK model.