All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 23-04-2009, 08:12 AM

Rena is on a distinguished road
Disable corporate lock

Hi,

I will probably soon buy a E71, but before I buy it I have a question.

I will use the E71 to syncronize with my company exchange server. My company use a security policy that force me to use corporate lock. Is there any way to avoid this? Its very annoying to enter password every time I have to use the phone.

Is there any crack or program that disable the coporate lock?

THANKS!

Old 23-04-2009, 07:35 PM

Anthodk is on a distinguished road
No I don't think so, and beware that the only way, as far as I know (and I have asked Nokia HelpDesk) the only way to remove the phonelock again is to hard reset the device (*#7370#)

Yes, it is annoying, but remember that it is a corporate email, so security can be very important.

Antho

Old 24-04-2009, 07:35 PM

chucky.egg is on a distinguished road
I've not tried it, but in theory you can just delete the sync partnership with the device - it might well remove all your sync'd content (contacts, calendar etc) but wouldn't require a reset

Old 25-04-2009, 09:05 AM

Anthodk is on a distinguished road
But chucky, if I have understood Rena correct, it is a mail for exchange sync. And the security device lock is set by the exchange 2007 server and has from there on nothing to do with the synchronisation.

Once the settings has been implemented, it cannot be removed in a normal way.
That is how the security works, which give the companies the protection against stolen/lost devices.

Antho

Old 26-04-2009, 06:39 AM

As I said - I've never tried it, but on WM removing the partnership removes the policy

Old 28-04-2009, 07:48 AM

gusnor is on a distinguished road
I would have thought that any Microsoft Policies set on the Exchange server will only affect Windows Mobile devices, not Symbian.
Also, only the latest version of Mail for Exchange supports Exchange 2007.

I suspect installing Mail for Exchange on a Symbian device will show no sign of policies and will only sync mail, contacts etc.

Old 28-04-2009, 11:37 AM

That'd be nice, but I can confirm that Exchange Policies are applied - I got lumbered with my company's policy and swiftly ditched the idea of MfE for my work.

Old 28-04-2009, 01:19 PM

gusnor is on a distinguished road
wow. really.

out of curiosity;
what device, was it an E71?
what version of MfE ?
what policies did you see applied to your device?

I've tried and i cant get any of my policies to apply to any device except a Windows Mobile 5 or 6 PDA

cheers
Gus

Old 28-04-2009, 09:13 PM

E71
2-point-something-low
The only one I could see the effect of was the enforced phonelock after 10 minutes

Old 06-05-2009, 06:57 AM

raduci is on a distinguished road
Here is the solution applied by me for Blackberry corporate lock, it might work also for Exchange.

Dear all,
Probably there are some other people like me which are annoyed by the password lock imposed by the corporate policy. On non BB phones this password is difficult to enter especially if there are some complexity requirements.
With this in mind I've searched the net for a solution, and since nothing came up I had to use my brain . So this is the solution that I have discovered:

Download and install Jbak task manager from here Jbak TaskMan . This is a replacement for the built in task manager, with more complex possibilities, including the ability to show and stop the system processes. I would highly recommend a small donation for the author which made the below steps possible.

After installation, long press the "Menu" key, this will open Jbak which has replaced the usual S60 taskmanager.
Press the left key "Menu"->Tools->Processes
Now, in the list that will be displayed, find "Autolock". Highlight it and press the left "Menu" key then go to "Program Rules". In the window that will open mark the position "Kill after send to back" and press left key "Ok"
Now with the "Autolock" process still highlighted press again left key "Menu" and choose "Terminate"
And this is it !
The annoying corporate lock will never show until you reboot the phone. After rebooting yo still need to enter the code one time to start the phone, but after start-up just find in Jbak the "Autolock" process terminate it and it will never show up until next reboot.
The method works on my Nokia E90 with latest firmware, unhacked, and in my opinion should work on all Nokia Symbian 9x phones.
I cannot be blamed for your summary dismissal if you use this . And I apologize to the sysadmins that might be disturbed by my post.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:23 PM

portAh is on a distinguished road
thanks, Jbak works.
One question, after reboot and entering the lock code once, I went
into tools->process, still see the Autolock process there.
Was it supposed to be killed and should not appear in the process list?
It has the "blue connected puzzle" icon next to it, what that means btw?

Anyway, it didnt autolock anymore even with the process in the list.

Last edited by portAh; 07-08-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Ads