All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 10-11-2004, 08:26 AM

blats002 is on a distinguished road
multiple connection using gnubox

Hello has anyone here has tried connecting more than one symbian devices using gnubox. I got 3650,6600 to connect to the computer and can access the internet but when i tried both the second device can't get access to the computer. I'm using windows as my gateway. If anyone can help me on this thank you in advance. In linux or in windows.
Ads

Old 02-01-2005, 06:56 PM

xan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blats002
Hello has anyone here has tried connecting more than one symbian devices using gnubox. I got 3650,6600 to connect to the computer and can access the internet but when i tried both the second device can't get access to the computer. I'm using windows as my gateway. If anyone can help me on this thank you in advance. In linux or in windows.
You are facing two problems.

First, if you want to connect two devices at the same time in windows, you cannot use the same profile for them as you will need two different COM ports for simultaneous communication. The same may apply to linux, although you may be able to separate using channels there. Also you will need to configure the software that listens for your inbound bluetooth connections to accept two connections simultaneously. (For example, windows xp has only one 'inbound connection' and i don't know if it can be used for more than one dial-in at the same time.) What I know for sure is that the SonyEricsson PC suite (for P910i at least) does allow listening to multiple COM ports and allows multiple inbound connections. (Btw it does the internet connection sharing stuff all by itself, no windows ICS required, so it may be worth installing even if you have no SonyEricsson phone)

Second, gnubox (as of the current Series60 version from Mika) does not configure the bluetooth connection. It uses the same connection mRouter set up, i.e. it connects to the computer/profile that connected to the bluetooth serial port of the phone for the last time. (something like 'bluetooth callback'.)

So basically what you need is:

setup two different com ports and two different services. You can try with two instances of serial port service, or one serial port and one LanAccess service. Assign different com ports to them. Configure your listener to accept incoming connections on both ports.

a) Connect to your first phone _from_ the first of these services. It will drop the connetion, call back, so you can test the listener.

b) Connect to your second phone _from_ the second of these services. Again, it will disconnect, reconnect, check that it is really the second service that accepted the connection.

Now you should be able to use them at the same time.

Keep in mind that if anybody connects to any of your phone's serial service, you need to step a) or b) (respectively) again.

Old 14-09-2007, 11:25 AM

yolok is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blats002 View Post

i got same results, i test using 6600 and 6630 each phone successfully connects through the internet using gnubox/bluesoleil, but when both internet attempts the 2nd phone can't connect, tried the solution as posted above but no luck.. although this thread is quite old (2yrs), kindly post here solution for it if you make it to work... thanks

wbr,

Old 01-05-2009, 04:31 AM

helmiex is on a distinguished road
Multiple connection using gnubox

yes you can, becouse i have running 5 symbian phone at once with no problem using gnubox, the trick is use mrouter.