All About N-Gage - Next Generation Ready

Old 05-02-2009, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Tzer2 is on a distinguished road
Asphalt 4: The All About N-Gage Verdict

Asphalt 3 was extremely popular, and AAN quite liked it as a bit of mindless fun. But how does Asphalt 4 do? Find out in All About N-Gage's review where we take it for a spin. Does it do 0 to 60 in 1.6 seconds, or is it in danger of being overtaken by a Reliant Robin?

Read on in the full article.

Old 05-02-2009, 02:08 PM

powerbacon is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Thats what i call a good review! you said everything that is the game... a $%&¨copy of asphalt 3 that isnt good too... man... this is the best review ever!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 02:59 PM

hargs48 is on a distinguished road
Sorry if I am being too technical here but as this is racing game,I would expect to have the game (and review?) show the correct car models....

There is no such car as a "BMW 24M" there is a Z4M. Then there also is no such car called the "Corvette ZRI" there is a (Chevrolet) Corvette ZR1 ...also while on the subject the full term for the "Mercedes SL63" is the Mercedes Benz SL63 AMG, same with the "Ferrari 599 GTB" which to give it the correct name is Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano.

On the subject of Mercedes Benz,which model is the "Mercedes CLK" thats an entire range...

And finally what is the the difference between the "Nissan GT-R" & "Nissan Skyline GTR" as far as I am concerned the new GT-R is the update of the previous R34 Skyline,except the "Skyline" label is used no more...

Again my apologies if I am going overboard,but if Gameloft want to make a good car game get the basics right,or copy the right text for the review!

Old 05-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Hargs, I think we had this conversation with the Asphalt 3 review too? :-)

I'm not a car expert, but I did try to copy the names in the game very carefully. I can only assume that the people at Gameloft didn't do their homework when adding the names, but all of the list appears in the game.
Ads

Old 06-02-2009, 12:25 AM

lumothesinner is on a distinguished road
Dont you think it should also be mentioned that it is an exact port of the 3 month old symbian version which is not only cheaper but (imo) loads faster and runs smoother. wat is it with devs and ports of symbian games to n-gage, at least brothers in arms got extra content when it got ported, there was a reason to get the n-gage over the original

Old 06-02-2009, 01:26 AM
Administrator

Well, if you want to buy the Symbian version go ahead, all N-Gage phones are Symbian-compatible. Vote with your wallet! :-) But I really don't think A4 is worth buying on any format unless you're very keen on the franchise. There are much better games out there on N-Gage and Symbian.

N-Gage ports ought to either have extra content, or have some sort of Arena features other than rankings. Rankings are meaningless now, they all seem to be dominated by cheats with scores ten times bigger than the next person.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:46 PM

hargs48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzer2 View Post
Hargs, I think we had this conversation with the Asphalt 3 review too? :-)

I'm not a car expert, but I did try to copy the names in the game very carefully. I can only assume that the people at Gameloft didn't do their homework when adding the names, but all of the list appears in the game.
My apologies if I came off a bit harsh, you copied the correct text for the list of cars from A4 but clearly Gameloft does not do proper research in the cars they using or they copy & paste the wrong info on their own sit. Either way they need to jack up they quality control...

PS: Thanks for the honest review of A4...

Last edited by hargs48; 06-02-2009 at 12:49 PM.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Don't worry hargs, you raised a fair point. If they're going to include real licences they ought to make sure they spell them correctly! :-)

Imagine if FIFA09 had a player called David Deckham...