All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 04-02-2009, 01:42 AM

PaulyLaw is on a distinguished road
Aarrhgghh .. Share Online 4 has done weird things to my phone!

This evening I installed v4 onto my N96 (Firmware Version 12.043 with disastrous results :-(

Firstly within minutes of installation my phone repeatedly restarted itself (3 times in 5 minutes). I got loads of "Low on Memory" error messages and was prompted to remove some files from the C drive. My phone was also slowed down to a near standstill.

I had no choice but to remove the Share Online software. Without it my phone is working at normal speed but the Gallery isn't working properly now, not displaying the index page correctly (is the first page you go into when you launch the Gallery application). It just shows a blank blue bar. The application is then quite unresponsive :-( Also by removing Share Online 4 it knocks out the pre-installed Share Online.

I have tried re-installing the Firmware with no effect.

Any ideas how I can get my phone back to how it was before I made the mistake of installing the Share Online beta (definitely should have waited for the full release. Oops!)

Thx

Pauly

Old 04-02-2009, 02:20 AM

PaulyLaw is on a distinguished road
*#7370# seems to be the way to go. At least I have my N96 back (with the original Share Online back and Gallery working normally). Now just have to re-install everything back onto my phone :-(