All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 01-12-2008, 05:14 AM

mflbob is on a distinguished road
Bluetooth qustion - Samsung i560

Hi

Does anyone know if it's possible to listen to GPS, Voice Signal or even just music through a Jabra BT2010 (or any other) Bluetooth headset? I tried to listen to GPS navigation on my i560 but no luck.

I can pair the headset with my HP iPaq 112 PDA and listen to music, recordings etc...and likewise with my cheap and nasty Nokia 2630....and both were simple to set-up, yet, no success with the i560. I can use the headset for normal phone calls....but for streaming audio...forget it.

I contacted Samsung support and they said that their phones don't support this feature! In this day and age..??!!?

The reason I'd like to do this, is to allow me to navigate using the Route 66 GPS software while I'm riding my motorbike. I've ordered a Scalar Rider Bluetooth helmet headset, through which I'm hoping to listen to the voice guidance and turn by turn navigation, as well as answer/make calls if necessary. However, this sounds like it's not going to be possible.

I supposed I'll have to settle for wired instructions using the headphone jack which then prevents me from answering calls.

Thanks in advance.
Ads