All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 06-08-2007, 06:54 PM

readbmr is on a distinguished road
Nokia video converter Help !!

Hi i currently have the nokia video converter for the nokia n73 which i used to own, what im asking is that i now have the NOKIA N95 And why isnt the n95 listed in the dropdown menu of the video converter, ie has anybody else tried this with the N95 And put in another phone instead?

What i need to no is this better than super converter? and what is the best free dvd ripper out there and then how do you get it onto the N95 In best quality and obviously making the full movie smaller in mb etc ?

Hope you can understand the above and hope to hear from you tech guys/gals soon, tell me what you are using/software/freeware/dvd ripper etc to N95..

Many thanks from brian. Proud owner of the n95
Ads

Old 06-08-2007, 07:50 PM

superswede is on a distinguished road
I've tried:
- PS3 Video9 (redkawa.com) which is free and excellent to convert full DVD's for output both on N95 and TVout (files may become quite large though for TVout though if u use good bitrate). Support for creating different "rip-profiles". It's only drawback is that it currently does not have support for subtitles. Support various formats (divx, MPEG4, H264...)

- Xilisoft DVD to MP4 Converter (xilisoft.com). It's not free ($35) but very nice and quite simple to use (the Trial version creates only 5 min of movie and then stops). Also has support for creating different "rip-profiles" if you want to have predefined profiles for use output on N95 vs TVout (connect N95 to TV). It does have support for subtitles as well. Supports various formats (divx, avi MPEG4, H264...).

None of thoose above has predefined profiles for any Nokia phone though but some of the "out-of-the box" profiles works so it's a matter of "trial and error" to see which does and which don't and to find a good combination of picture quality vs file size. If you plan to use any of thoose PM me and I'll give you some hints/tips for profiles to use.
I've only tried the Nokia Video Converter a few times and found it quite useless due to:
1. Lack of support for ripping DVD's.
2. No profile will give you any quality that is even near good enough to use for TVout.
3. No support for subtitles (related to prob #1).
-----------------------------
N95 << W950i << N70 <<...

Last edited by superswede; 07-08-2007 at 08:10 AM.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:05 AM

jl20 is on a distinguished road
Handbrake - free and excellent

Old 26-09-2007, 07:12 PM

michael555 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by readbmr View Post
Hi i currently have the nokia video converter for the nokia n73 which i used to own, what im asking is that i now have the NOKIA N95 And why isnt the n95 listed in the dropdown menu of the video converter, ie has anybody else tried this with the N95 And put in another phone instead?

What i need to no is this better than super converter? and what is the best free dvd ripper out there and then how do you get it onto the N95 In best quality and obviously making the full movie smaller in mb etc ?

Hope you can understand the above and hope to hear from you tech guys/gals soon, tell me what you are using/software/freeware/dvd ripper etc to N95..

Many thanks from brian. Proud owner of the n95
hello, i used sly soft, clone dvd mobile. Basically you can download it for free for 21 days as a full version trail. it will copy any dvd so far... straight to MP4 or what ever format. Really simply to use and converts and compresses in around 45 minutes. i think its excellent. although the softeare will compress the file and if u like you can compress it some more but if you do i've found the sync is slightly out. It also lets you full screen it.

hope this helps my friend, let me know what you think

Old 26-11-2008, 05:00 AM

nalini09 is on a distinguished road
HI

Thanks

Old 26-11-2008, 09:20 AM

JerryBarron is on a distinguished road
Phone Handset Nokia video converter Help !!

hi,

hello, i used sly soft, clone dvd mobile. Basically you can download it for free for 21 days as a full version trail. it will copy any dvd so far... straight to MP4 or what ever format. Really simply to use and converts and compresses in around 45 minutes. i think its excellent. although the softeare will compress the file and if u like you can compress it some more but if you do i've found the sync is slightly out. It also lets you full screen it.

hope this helps my friend, let me know what you think.
Handbrake - free and excellent

Old 28-11-2008, 12:35 PM

SmileyM is on a distinguished road
I have Tunebite for converting files, as it supports over 60 formats to convert for audio and video files, and another feature is that it can also download musics from internet legally. It saves both videos and mp3s from web sites and from radios. It's kindda useful as now I have the music I like on cellphone and ipod.