All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 16-10-2008, 11:47 PM

aiko is on a distinguished road
N96 Contacts not showing on Nokia Phone Browser

I recently bought a new Nokia N96, and intalled the N Series PC Suite on my Windows XP.

Problem is when I connect my phone to the PC, open PC Suite, then browse to my contacts on the PC, or using Windows Explorer, select Nokia Phone Browser -> N96 -> Contacts. The list is EMPTY, this is NOT correct as I see more than 100 contacts on my phone! Even when I right click and refresh it's the same. I used to have a N95 and never had such problem. How would I able to see the contacts from my phone on PC Suite?? Browsing to my SMS messages on PC Suite has no problem though...

Old 17-10-2008, 05:54 AM

VSG12777 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Hi Aiko

I also have an N96 in Chennai, India which I recently got replaced from Nokia due to loads of issues. I did an over-the-air firmware update (fortunately it showed that an update was available) which took about 10-15 mins in total.

Well the 1st time I installed the N-Series PC Suite in my Windows XP, it did not show my contacts or my messages too. However I then removed it completely and then reinstalled it and it started working.

I installed the same N-Series PC Suite (latest version) on my Windows Vista Ultimate SP1 and it worked fine from the 1st time itself. In fact I transferred ringtones, themes etc all from Vista.

Maybe you could try removing and reinstalling the N-Series PC Suite to check. Also verify whether the PC Suite is the latest version.

---Venkat
Ads

Old 17-10-2008, 11:30 AM

cricfancy is on a distinguished road
Nokia PC Suite 7.0.8.2 Vs NSeries PC Suite/Nokia OVI Suite

Hi aiko,

First of all Nokia NSeries PC Suite/Nokia OVI Suite does not have SMS & Contacts editor. To have this you can download Nokia PC Suite 7.0.8.2 from nokia.com/pcsuite. It has got an application called Nokia communication centre, which replaced Nokia phone browser of 6.8x versions of pc suite. SO you can have latest NSeries PC Suite/Nokia OVI Suite as well as Nokia pc suite 7.0.8.2 both on your pc to get features of both the pc suites, However, it is recommended to use latest Nokia NSeries PC Suite/Nokia OVI Suite for Nokia N 96 instead of Nokia PC Suite 7.0.8.2, if you want to edit your phone contacts and send sms via pc suite, then you can install Nokia pc suite 7.0.8.2 on your pc else, you can install latest NSeries/OVI Suite

Old 17-10-2008, 08:16 PM

aiko is on a distinguished road
Thanks cricfancy. It works!!

I have to say I much prefer the Nokia Suite 7.0.8.2. It can do more pratical things. The NSeries PC Suite is a bit pointless and not very user friendly... :(