All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 12-09-2008, 12:15 PM

okcerto is on a distinguished road
E71 with internal GPS working on TomTom

Hi there!

Greetings to all.

Have anyone, using E71, manage to work with the internal GPS on TomTom?

I have already tried with the BINPDA bluetooth emulator and the GPSD, but nothing works... TomTom always says "connecting to GPS"

Thanks for your answers

and call your E71 users to this forum! let's try to make the difference here, and maybe Nokia listen to our wishes and suggestions.

Old 13-09-2008, 09:40 PM

tonev is on a distinguished road
Check out this link for more info

http://www.symbian-freak.com/forum/v...ic.php?t=19612

I must admit i havnt tried it yet, but i will soon.

Let me know how you go champ.
Ads

Old 14-09-2008, 08:20 PM

jorang is on a distinguished road
In my experience Tomtom v6 doesn't function at all on E71 :|

Anybody got it running on a E71? Any updates on the v7 - apparently i beta according to another forum user...?

Old 15-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Super Moderator

bartmanekul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Anybody got it running on a E71? Any updates on the v7 - apparently i beta according to another forum user...?
Dont put too much faith in that, I did ask for any sort of verification, but none was forthcoming.

Have seen it too often on the net 'Im a beta tester and have a working copy, but cant show anyone.' for me to beleive it without any further proof.

Besides, the story doesnt make sense. They are not allowed to show anything yet before any sort of announcement by TomTom they post about it on a forum?

For the record, Tomtom support and media relations still insist they know nothing about a new Symbian version.

Old 15-09-2008, 08:06 PM

jorang is on a distinguished road
Well - it would be nice if it was true, but I would not bet any money on this rumour. Rumours like this if far too often subject for endless forum discussions.

After E71 I have only used Nokia's satnav - which is awful IMHO. Probably end up buying a copy of the Garmin solution...

Old 15-09-2008, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

Well, hold back, because wayfinder have just released a new version that you can have preloaded on the memory card.

Hopefully I'll be trying it out soon, so there could be another option.

Old 20-09-2008, 06:22 PM

okcerto is on a distinguished road
Since is going to be Garmin...

Does anyone know were to find a europe map for the Garmin Xt? ... so that I can give it a try?

Thanks.

Old 21-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, you get it from Garmin, i.e. buy it.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:31 AM

alessandro1 is on a distinguished road
mcGuider

Hello,
i have also nokia E71 and i'm using McGuider and works perfect with the internal gps and i dont have any problem.The only problem have with the E71 i cant get any hotmail config any bady can help me?Pleace?

Old 18-01-2009, 02:45 AM

spark001uk is on a distinguished road
Does anyone actually know what the 3.tomtom.sisx file does? I ask because one thing i've noticed while trawling the net is that most places i found this workaround, they only mentioned using two files, 1.bt.sisx to set up the virtual bt device, and 2.GPSd.jar to act as the bt gps receiver. So, what of this 3.tomtom.sisx file, what does it do and why do most places i've found info at leave that file out?

I will add that despite many efforts and combinations of software versions etc, the TomTom 6.02 on my E71 just isn't having it, i just get as far as "connecting to GPS device" and that's it. It seems something in the E71 is preventing tomtom from seeing the GPSd device.

Old 21-01-2009, 09:42 PM

spark001uk is on a distinguished road
Given up for time being, now trying sygic mcguider, looks ok so far, my E71 internal gps works straight off!

Old 13-02-2009, 06:48 PM

rasdonny is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark001uk View Post
Does anyone actually know what the 3.tomtom.sisx file does? I ask because one thing i've noticed while trawling the net is that most places i found this workaround, they only mentioned using two files, 1.bt.sisx to set up the virtual bt device, and 2.GPSd.jar to act as the bt gps receiver. So, what of this 3.tomtom.sisx file, what does it do and why do most places i've found info at leave that file out?

I will add that despite many efforts and combinations of software versions etc, the TomTom 6.02 on my E71 just isn't having it, i just get as far as "connecting to GPS device" and that's it. It seems something in the E71 is preventing tomtom from seeing the GPSd device.
The 3.tomtom.sisx is the install files for the 'adjusted' tomtom version that works with the internal gps of those devices with it. So when one installs the adjusted tomtom on a e71 from the 3.tomtom.sisx it installs ok but tomtom doesnt start at all, it just sits there.

Anyhow, i hope evryone with an e71 knows that tomtom 6 does work on the e71 but only with an external gps, so for tomtom 6 can still be used on the e71, thats what i use in preference to others and it works fine.

Peace!

Last edited by rasdonny; 13-02-2009 at 06:52 PM.

Old 29-03-2009, 07:31 PM

JG007 is on a distinguished road
E71 with internal GPS working on TomTom

I'm still searching for a way that I can run TomTom with it's Internal GPS on my E71 - it used to work perfectly on my N95, I'm really tempted to go back to using the N95 due to this!

Has anyone managed to find a solution for using TT with it's internal GPS on the E71 yet?

Old 29-03-2009, 08:09 PM

wimmme is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG007 View Post
I'm still searching for a way that I can run TomTom with it's Internal GPS on my E71 - it used to work perfectly on my N95, I'm really tempted to go back to using the N95 due to this!

Has anyone managed to find a solution for using TT with it's internal GPS on the E71 yet?
I T D O E S N O T W O R K ! ! !

Have tried anything (experienced user), can confirm it does not work.
Switched to McGuider myself, almost the same look and feel, works like a charm

Old 28-05-2009, 08:14 AM

IanE71 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by wimmme View Post
I T D O E S N O T W O R K ! ! !

Have tried anything (experienced user), can confirm it does not work.
Switched to McGuider myself, almost the same look and feel, works like a charm
TomTom 6.01 and 6.02 full copies work great on the E71 just they can not see the internal GPS which is a pain. I have tried all the ways that I can but no luck hence I stick to a seperate GPS unit.

I have tried most of the other sat nav programes and just can't get on with them as I have been useing tomtom since version 5 on a 6680 through version 6 on a E61 and now on the E71. I use this world wide as I travel for work a lot only thing is I wish they would bring out a version 7 for internal GPS and newer maps as they are getting a bit old now.

A great phone would be even better with fully working tomtom.

Has anyone got the Nokia maps to find a postcode????? as I have an unlocked UK version but it is so hard to find anyware I just don't use it.