All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 14-07-2008, 11:03 PM

likesmartphones is on a distinguished road
Replace some buttons on E90 keyboard

Hello,

I'm wondering one thing. Is it possible to replace some buttons from keyboard just by pulling them up, as from standard desktop computer keyboard?

I want to buy one from Asia, and replace some buttons with localized characters.

So I'm wondering: Is it possible to replace those buttons WITHOUT opening E90 device it self?

I will appriciate some input on this.

Thanks.

Old 17-07-2008, 05:32 AM

swingerman is on a distinguished road
Don't do it!

Hi,

Actually I bought my E90 from asia (APAC) as well. After I've changed the product code to european, 'cause I'm Hungarian. I use my phone with english language and sometimes the hungarian characters for writing.

I've memorized the different locations of characters in a week. Of course I don't know your situation exactly, but i suggest you to don't change letters. I suggest you because it does not solve the problem. It's because each button has at least two characters on it, and in my case some buttons - after the product code change - both assigned character changed but to different locations. So even it would be possible phisically to change keys it's impossible to make it perfect.

Easier to memorize the difference!

Cheers,

Old 19-07-2008, 05:28 AM

likesmartphones is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingerman View Post
Hi,

Actually I bought my E90 from asia (APAC) as well. After I've changed the product code to european, 'cause I'm Hungarian. I use my phone with english language and sometimes the hungarian characters for writing.

I've memorized the different locations of characters in a week. Of course I don't know your situation exactly, but i suggest you to don't change letters. I suggest you because it does not solve the problem. It's because each button has at least two characters on it, and in my case some buttons - after the product code change - both assigned character changed but to different locations. So even it would be possible phisically to change keys it's impossible to make it perfect.

Easier to memorize the difference!

Cheers,
Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Yes, that is better to do as you suggested :-)