All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 08-06-2008, 04:32 PM

Mitchem is on a distinguished road
NSU not Compatible with Vista!?!?

I finally decided toupdate my firm to the latest firmware.

Performed a backup (had to download the lastest Version of PC Suite which was fine...)

I then opened up NSU which asked to also be updated (I had used this version to upgrade to v20).

Once I had upgraded NSU a message appeares saying it wasn't compatible with Vista yet... Wot the hell?!?!?!?!?!!?!?

How can the previous version be compatible with Vista and not the latest version!

I changed the setting for the program so Windows run it as Windows XP which run ok but when the software started to install the Nokia Service Layer Host (something like that) apparantly crashed. At this point my stomach turned as the screen only had NOKIA on it.

I was preparing myself to send it back to Nokia. But luckily my phone was still ok!

Has anyone updated their software whos running Vista???

Help would be much appreciated!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 04:37 PM

Im using version 1.4.39en of NSU by the way! Well trying too...

Old 08-06-2008, 05:11 PM

ironass is on a distinguished road
Have a read of the article entitled:- Windows Vista Compatibility Fix, here:-

http://sjc-123.blogspot.com/2007/09/...nokia-n95.html

Hope it helps!
Ads

Old 08-06-2008, 05:17 PM

bebooded is on a distinguished road
When I upgrade to v20.xx by using NSU in Vista, I've changed the properties setting to support Windows xp2, whenever NSU required to remove battery / reinsert the battery back then after restart, phone crashed in the white screen, I tried it more than 3 times, same craps! Then, I tried not to remove the battery, not restart but keep clicking the retry button, it works surprisingly, the update procedure remaining time was reduced to 7min...then 5 till it done successfully, phone was running good and faster! so, if you got the same situation, try ignore the remove battery / restart message, it should be ok, good luck.

Can understand why it took so long for nokia to fix that NSU program to support Vista, btw, Vista is not new anymore, it's out for more than 1.5 yrs already...

Old 08-06-2008, 06:58 PM

Thanks Ian for the link but I already tried that which did let me open the program but it still crashes at the beginning of the installation...

It says 'Nokia Service Layer Host Process' has stopped responding... ARGH! I wana update my phone!!!!!!!!