All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Old 26-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Founder / Chief

Rafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of lightRafe is a glorious beacon of light
N95-3 (US) gets firmware upgrade to 20.02.011

The long awaited firmware update for the N95-3 (US version) is now available according to Symbian-Guru (sources from Howard Forums and N95Users). The update brings the US version of the N95 up to speed with its world siblings. It adds demand paging, Flash Lite 3, Web Run Time, Idle Screen Nokia Search and significant performance improvements.

Read on in the full article.

Old 26-05-2008, 04:43 PM
Administrator

krisse is on a distinguished road
Has anyone here tried this new firmware with the N-Gage application? Does it work properly? Does it let you use the playback controls as gaming keys?
Internet Tablet School - Tutorials on how to use Nokia Internet Tablets

Old 27-05-2008, 06:29 AM

davidmaxwaterma is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafe View Post
...its world siblings
Which "world siblings" are these? Does the Chinese firmware have all the latest features, I wonder?

Old 27-05-2008, 06:36 AM
Administrator

I think Rafe means the original European version.

Old 27-05-2008, 06:42 AM

davidmaxwaterma is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisse View Post
I think Rafe means the original European version.
Well, perhaps; but the question remains. What about the other ones? Which versions have the new features and which don't?
Ads

Old 27-05-2008, 07:44 AM
Administrator

As far as I know there are only three versions: European, US and Chinese. All other regions use one of these three.

Old 27-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Unregistered

Problems updating with Vista

I try to update my N95-3, but the Nokia Software Updater keeps telling me that it does not support Vista. Any suggestions please?

Old 27-05-2008, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

help needed....................

hi there Steve,well i took the bait for the update,and my fone is now junk,i did everything as per the instructions let me list them down quickly

i have the latest version of NSU
my fone batter was on full charge before i went for the ill fated update
yes i had it on general mode
and it was on pc suite mode on the fone
the cable was connected,i had backed up my data
i had not disconected the cable during the update,infact it said five minuts to update completion
and then the fone switched off and it just kept askin me to unplug the cable,check the batter and try again
now my fone wont start,it just gives me a blank grey screen
why is this happening please help me i love that fone

help me gettin back my old fone please
i hate software updates and i think i shudnt have gone for it,i had a fone,and now its a piece of metal and memories

please help me

thanks

Old 27-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Unregistered, if it didn't work when you were updating it normally then this problem will be covered by your phone's guarantee. Take it to an authorised service centre and explain the problem, they should be able to flash it for you or find out why it isn't flashing.

Old 28-05-2008, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

I had the same issue with my old N80. Bricked

Send it to iunluckdotcom and the fix it and returned within two days.

Super fast and reliable. I will recommend. This if you are not covered by Nokia Warranty.

Old 28-05-2008, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy thanks Krisse ,all the users and ....ABS

iam the person who faced the issue wid the NSU update and ended up wid a dead N95.

Rite now iam in India and they dont service The N95 NAM version here ,as confirmed by the Engineers at nokia care india,whats even worse,these folks at nokia care india were happy to forward me to some third party who hasnt heard about the N95NAM and claims that he can fix it for cupla dollars,bad idea!!! I called Nokia Cust.Support US and the only option is to ship the fone to their outlet at AL and they can fix it and ship it back ofcourse if its on warranty which it is,it will be covered and if the damage is extensive,which i doubt is the case,they will be happy to fix it for a charge,anyways.........a SU can cost u sometimes..........i tell u that..........whats pinches me is the fact that i followed every freakin instruction word by word as it was written on the website(to the point that my fone had the charger on.....to rule out the possibility of the battery conkin off),anyway,i guess.........the best option i had was to stick to the older version.

cheers

u folks are doin a great job at ABS,i follow ur stuff whenever i get the oppurtunity to....