All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped

Go Back   All About Symbian Forums > Symbian Based Devices > UIQ

Old 09-03-2008, 07:41 PM

thyethye is on a distinguished road
Help with reading Ebooks on the P1i ! Much appreciated

Hi guys, I've been searching hi and low for a way to do this but it's just so hard and I cant find a solution.

I've downloaded an ebook with a format of .chm. I can't seem to open it with the P1i (symbian UIQ 3)although I can view it with the computer. What should I do to get it working?

Also, what other programs should I download in case there are ebooks in other formats as well so I don't have to search again in the future! Seriously, I've been seraching for a few hours now and its killing me!

So please if anyone could help by telling me how could I read a .chm ebook which i downloaded on the P1i and also tell me what other prograns I should download for other ebooks in the future with different formats.

Thanks alot and your input is much appreciated!

thyethye!

PLS PLS HELP ME! IM DYING . thanks again

Last edited by Arjen; 10-03-2008 at 03:08 PM. Reason: link removed

Old 10-03-2008, 03:11 PM
Administrator

Arjen is on a distinguished road
.chm is a windows format and is a sort of compiled HTML. On your P1i you can't read this format, but there are lots of tools out there that will help you convert it to plain HTML again (search for "decompile chm" on google).

After that you can convert the HTML back to an ebook format that your P1i can read. I recommend you download Mobipocket Reader from www.mobipocket.com and download Mobipocket Creator, which is a freeware application that allows you to convert lots of different formats (including HTML) to mobipocket reader format.

P.S. you cross posted the same question in 4 UIQ forums. I consider cross pointing as spam and have moderated 3 of the 4 posts. Posting in 1 forum is more than enough.

Old 11-03-2008, 10:48 AM

thyethye is on a distinguished road
yes im sorry for posting so many threads. didnt know which section was most relevent for it.

right, i've converted it to html, but there are lots of files and folders now.

how do i change it to .doc? one by one will take a while cause its quite a lot of files and folders. or did i just convert it to .html wrongly?

thanks for your help and hopefully someone manages to clear things up and help me here

cheers