I'm trying to set up my Gmail account for push mail with Vodaphone UK
1) I use the pre-configure sms from Sony Ericsson website.
2) I create a 3g connection on my mobile ( http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/forum...ad.php?t=70547)
3) I finish to configure my Gmail acocunt by changing option POP by IMAP and ticking Push mail.
4) I am connecting by wifi for the first synchronisation and it's working fine.
5) I am sending a mail to my gmail account but nothing appears on my mobile ????
I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with email on your w960i.
For me to advise you of a resolution I just need to clarify which email service you're wanting.
The "Push" email service directs your new emails directly through to your handset.
This service is called MyMail and is chargeable. The MyMail server stores your log in details for up to 5 email service providers and checks your accounts for new emails every 30 minutes. If new emails are available they will then be pulled and stores on the MyMail server. You will then be sent the header information for the new emails to you as an alert.
You can sign up for MyMail through Vodafone Live on your handset. You simply need to select the email option from the main screen and then enter your service provider details.
There are 2 different charging options to choose from:
£5 per month- this gives you unlimited alerts, emails and attachments
Pay per use- There's still a monthly charge of 50p a month and you will get unlimited email alerts but will then be charged 12p per message or download.
The second email option that is available is the manual connection where by you would need to manually connect to your email service via your inbox to check your messages.
For this service you would need to set up your handset with the settings laid out below.
Sony Ericsson W960i
Setting up Email
Note: You will need to have created an Internet profile, (see the “Setting up Internet” guide)before following this guide.
1. Select menu
2. Select tools (icon in the bottom right hand corner of the screen)
3. Select control panel
4. Select messaging
5. Select email accounts
6. Select more
7. Select new account
8. In account name enter Vodafone mail
9. In your name enter your name
10. In email address enter your email address
11. In connection type select POP3/IMAP4 depending on your server type
12. Tap the inbox tab at the top of the screen
13. In incoming server address enter your service providers incoming server address
14. In username enter your email username
15. In password enter your email password
16. Tap the outbox tab at the top of the screen
17. In outgoing server address enter send.vodafone.net
18. Tick box for use SMTP authentication
19. In username enter your email username
20. In password enter your email password
21. Click save
If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.
All that you need to do is go onto Vodafone Live! on your phone, (navigate to http://live.vodafone.com on your handset's browser) and choose the Email option from the main menu. There's an option to subscribe to MyMail within the next menu, and then you'd just have to add these settings to you handset's email option in the messaging menu:
Email Settings Profile name - Email
Email addresss - firstname.lastname@example.org
Incoming server (IMAP) - mail.uk.sp.vodafone.com
Incoming port (IMAP) - 143
Username - email
Password - Vodafone
Outgoing server (SMTP) - smtp.uk.sp.vodafone.com
Outgoing port (SMTP) - 25
Retrieval settings - Headers only
On Nokia N-series - Automatic retrieval - email notification - only in home network