All About Symbian - Nokia (S60) and Sony Ericsson (UIQ) smartphones unwrapped
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old 30-05-2007, 11:35 AM

Popup is on a distinguished road
S60 3rd ed - USB data transfer problems

Hello,
I've got a nokia 5500, that I try to connect using 'data transfer' (I run Linux, so nokias pc suite is out of question). Up until last week it worked most of the time, but I occasionally got an error message 'Unable to activate data transfer mode. Memory card is in use by another application'.

This week, however, the error message occurs every single time I try to connect the phone. I have even tried to re-initialize the phone (*#7370#), whereupon it seemed to work a little bit better - I managed to connect once or twice to install some programs.

I suppose it could be one of the programs I've installed, but I've tried to un-install them one at a time, but with no success. (And I haven't installed anything very dodgy - only Autolock, YBrowser, QReader and Calcium)

So, my question is - Is there a way to really close all offending programs? A colleague suggested switching the phone off, and switching it back on with the USB cable plugged, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Or at least something to find out what files are locked? (Something like unix's 'fuser' would be great - especially with the 'k switch!)